You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester Airport Lounges

Ezekiel 25:17

4 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Evidently you prefer that one, because you ignored all the others above it in the Google search results.

Not sure how Vlad's utterly irrelevant comment about council budgets rebuffed anything, but there we are.

You just can't help yourself can you. 

number 1 airport in the uk - Google Search

Just now, Strontium said:

Even with those criteria, it's still only the second result.

Personally I prefer airports to be ranked on passenger experience rather than who has the best play areas, but you do you.

I ignored the Time Out on for the same reasons. I wanted a holiday site to tell me what the best airport is, for you know... obvious reasons. 

Explain how reduced council budgets is irrelevant when you're commented on it being owned by councils? Is it more of a "Yeah it doesn't suit my agenda so it's irrelevant" angle you're coming from? As usual. I'll wait. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I ignored the Time Out on for the same reasons. I wanted a holiday site to tell me what the best airport is, for you know... obvious reasons. 

Explain how reduced council budgets is irrelevant when you're commented on it being owned by councils? Is it more of a "Yeah it doesn't suit my agenda so it's irrelevant" angle you're coming from? As usual. I'll wait. 

Let's not kid ourselves that you would have ignored Time Out and Which? if they confirmed your pre-existing biases rather than supporting the general consensus, which is that Manchester Airport is shit.

Now, I have heard of Time Out and Which? but I haven't heard of Holiday Extras. The latter seems to be using some bizarre criteria where shops, play areas and attractions for non-flying visitors count for more than the actual travelling part. As I say, if that matters more to you than smoothly getting from A to B, then good for you.

I don't understand how council budgets is relevant in the first place. The airport is run as a commercial concern, like every other airport. You might as well mention the colour of the CEO's underpants.

1 minute ago, Strontium said:

Let's not kid ourselves that you would have ignored Time Out and Which? if they confirmed your pre-existing biases rather than supporting the general consensus, which is that Manchester Airport is shit.

Now, I have heard of Time Out and Which? but I haven't heard of Holiday Extras. The latter seems to be using some bizarre criteria where shops, play areas and attractions for non-flying visitors count for more than the actual travelling part. As I say, if that matters more to you than smoothly getting from A to B, then good for you.

I don't understand how council budgets is relevant in the first place. The airport is run as a commercial concern, like every other airport. You might as well mention the colour of the CEO's underpants.

I didn't click on the time out one and I didn't see the Which one but you keep the brown stuff up. 

Aah right so there was zero relevance in your comment about it being council run then.... You can't have both. Just admit it. You tried to have a snide dig at Labour, you've been bingoed by Vlad now you're flapping around like a moth on meth. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I didn't click on the time out one and I didn't see the Which one but you keep the brown stuff up. 

Aah right so there was zero relevance in your comment about it being council run then.... You can't have both. Just admit it. You tried to have a snide dig at Labour, you've been bingoed by Vlad now you're flapping around like a moth on meth. 

The identity of who runs the airport is relevant. I'm sure even you can see that.

I'm not trying to have a snide dig at anything. If people were doing the precise opposite and blaming Labour for something run by the Tories, I would have made exactly the same intervention. It's just further proof that you don't understand me as a person.

44 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

As terrible as Manchester is it's not a big airport to navigate, fuck me I went to Atlanta airport end of last year and became Tom Hanks the thing is the size of a small fucking city.

Its a fucking massive place, busiest or 2nd or so in the world. I arrived there once and thought I'd stretch my legs by walking to the main terminal building instead of getting the train. It took forever.

2 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

As terrible as Manchester is it's not a big airport to navigate, fuck me I went to Atlanta airport end of last year and became Tom Hanks the thing is the size of a small fucking city.

Biggest in the world.

17 hours ago, A Red said:

Its a fucking massive place, busiest or 2nd or so in the world. I arrived there once and thought I'd stretch my legs by walking to the main terminal building instead of getting the train. It took forever.

I did the exact same, and I was sloshed so I don't think that helped the cause.

15 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

Biggest in the world.

Not surprised to hear that, it was an experience alright.

• Upvote 1

Flew via Bergerac airport last month, comfortably the best airport I've ever been to. It's basically a strip of tarmac in a field and took about 30 seconds to get out of. Could do with a proper taxi rank outside though, but I had time to grab a snack from the corner shop waiting to be ferried to the train station. 

All airports are inherently shit.

2 hours ago, Fugitive said:

Best Airport is Koh Samui in Thailand. The easiest airport experience I ever had and it’s stunning.

Here is a video of it.

Haha, yeah it is a piece of piss isn’t it, about a 5 minute walk to the ferry terminal to get your ass on a boat to Koh Tao. 

I used to get flights all the time every week and always put lounges on my exes. A boss above my boss kicked off and who the fuck did I think I was thinking I was an exec and charging clients for my extravagance. Lunch is ok but not that shit.

Started having lobster and crab for lunch with the rest of the plebs. With a nice Chard. He soon shut up.