You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester Airport Lounges

Ezekiel 25:17

Going away soon and want to book this, never bothered before for a number of reasons but thought might aswell give it a go, I usaully spend well more than 40 quid on ale and the airport bars are always rammed, so..Who's used them then ?? I need to know really what's the differencve between the couple they have, if we're flying from termnal 2 can we use the lounge in terminal 1 ?? also anyone got any tips for parking there for the week, possibly a hotel and park thing for the night before, cheers peeps.

Hotel and car parking? Ouch, can't someone just drop you off?

Dunno about Manchester, but Liverpool Airport are even now charging just for dropping off.

Airports are the biggest scam merchants going, by some considerable distance.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, we probably could get dropped off, but there's nothing better than coming out to your own car after flying from somehwere and not having to wait aorund for people. If we did the hotel thing it wouldn't be for convinience or anything, just for the sake of staying in a nice hotel and that, I was thinking it would be about 50 to park and maybe around 90 for the hotel aswell.

Even from Merseyside, you'd be better getting a taxi. Most firms do airport deals.

I have friends in Southport who always get a taxi to Mcr - not that's it's proof of the best deal, but I suspect it is.

I think T1's the best bet - Runway Bar, but that's from memory.  None of them are really the sort of place I'd be spending 40 quids worth of beer money on.

I love the lounge; proper challange though getting just drunk enough so they let you fly.

Was flying to Muscat once and I'd had a nightmare a few nights before that I had died in a plane crash; I got super wasted in the lounge as I was sitting myself.

Everyone thought I wouldn't be allowed on the plane. I staggered to the gate then stood bolt upright as if I was the most sober person in the world and wished the gate crew and flight attendants a good evening before calmly finding my seat.

To this day I'll never know how I managed it.

Anyways; the lounge is fucking ace and if you have one of those premium bank accounts you are often entitled free entry so check up on it.

Depending on the airport it's normally complimentary booze; snacks, wifi, 'papers, tv and shower facilities.

Some of the ones I've been to in the middle east were more luxurious than the best holidays I've had however.

They're usually only small cans or small(ish) bottles.  There was a guy in Germany who booked a first class flight with Lufthansa (which gave him full lounge access).  Would have a meal and booze, then postpone his flight.  Did it about 15 times in total, ended up being sued though.

• Upvote 1

I fly enough that I qualify for lounge access on Air Canada and Star Alliance but I haven't used it mainly because I loathe airports and always make sure connections are over two and under three hours.

I know myself too well that anynore than 3+ hour stopover and free drinkies is a recipe for disaster.

AIr Canada has free drinks on trans Atlantic and me and this Swedish lad ran the galley of beer and ended up drinking wine. We were lucky we had a young flight attendant (AC is unionized and full of skyasuaras, fucking rude old stewardesses...you are lucky if you get a female one under 55 and they are all grumpy twats) because it was over the holiday season between Dec 26-Jan 1 so we had free run on it.

I could barely stand lining up at Customs and managed to keep it together.