You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2014-2015

Jhinge Machha

Lovely, few more results like this and they'll start believing it themselves. When Ashley Young comes off the bench and scores twice, you know it's a bad bad standard of opposition.

They'll return to Earth quickly, their next 3 matches are against Roma, Inter and Real. So they might be best enjoying the high while they can.

Sheyi Ojo scored twice as a Liverpool U20 team beat Club Brugges 4-0 during their pre-season tour of Holland on Saturday.

Krisztian Adorjan and Cameron Brannagan were also on target as Alex Inglethorpe's side produced an impressive display against a young Belgium team.

The likes of Jordan Rossiter, Brad Smith, Lloyd Jones and Kevin Stewart played in the 40 minutes each-way game after featuring for the first team against Brondby and Preston.

Liverpool team: Lawrence Vigouroux (Ryan Fulton), Kevin Stewart, Brad Smith, Rafael Paez, Lloyd Jones, Jordan Rossiter, Sheyi Ojo, Jordan Lussey, Ryan McLaughlin, Cameron Brannagan, Krisztian Adorjan.

Reading about Clegg wanting the World Cup taken away from Russia over the Malaysian Airliner being shot down.

Without going in to the merits of the WC being in Russia anyway, does anybody get annoyed that politicians who are petrified to do anything positive politically against other regimes as they are too scared ( oil supplies halted etc ) but are so quick to throw sport 'under the bus' without a second's thought. I always remember that bitch, Thatcher's hissy fit when the BOA went to Moscow in 1980.

To be honest I would love to see the EU demand a boycott on the World Cup. Not because I think Russia deserve it but because it would fuck up Blatter and his cronies at FIFA. He would be forced to move it and it should open enough scrutiny on the bidding process to get some serious change at FIFA

• Upvote 1

They've beaten Roma.

They're going to piss the league this season, Van Gaal is a genius, Vidal, Hummels and Strooman are going to be ace, Cleverley will up his game and Rooney will get the golden boot.

These are just some of the things I have heard/seen from some of their fans, nothing like a few preseason wins to raise expectations eh?

They've beaten Roma.

It wasn't as easy for them though, and have just found this on the BBC from Val Gaal :

"I am pleased that we have won but it was not a good performance," the Dutchman said.

"54,000 people came to watch us but we can perform much better.

"All my good passers failed today. I think it was because of the height and the air.

"Mata, Herrera and Kagawa - these are the best passers (at the club), and everything went wrong."

So it looks like despite them getting a good result he's out to wind them up for some reason. I get that he's maybe being harsh to get the best out of them, but over the course of a full season he might cause quite a bit of annoyance/stress to their squad that they can't handle properly.

If he's like that when they win, I wonder what he's like when they lose? And quite a few people say he causes a lot of problems, so am guessing he could do the same at Utd.

Can see them wasting a few teams next season though, but not sure about them being consistent at all, especially when it comes to the big games in the league.

He's a bit odd LVG isn't he.

Talking about the 60 yard Pjanic goal he was keen to blame the young goalie & stated that at 63 he can run 50 yards in 4 seconds hic makes me wonder whether he chose the wrong sport.

I get the feeling he is a good manager, even if most of his best work was pre-internet ,but nowhere near as good as he is in his own mind.

• Upvote 1

He's a bit odd LVG isn't he.

Talking about the 60 yard Pjanic goal he was keen to blame the young goalie & stated that at 63 he can run 50 yards in 4 seconds hic makes me wonder whether he chose the wrong sport.

I get the feeling he is a good manager, even if most of his best work was pre-internet ,but nowhere near as good as he is in his own mind.

Thats 9 seconds over 100m, somebody call the IAAF we have a 63 year old man that can outrun every 100m runner on the planet and he doesn't even need to train.

• Upvote 2

The Torres that signed for us would have stuck that in the back of the net without breaking stride.  Along with the hair change too, he is completely unrecognisable from the player that wreaked havoc in his first couple of seasons at Liverpool.

One of the most shocking transformations I've ever seen.  Where did it go wrong ?  Injuries, club's situation, attitude ?

Seeing him miss that chance knowing that we fleeced Chelsea to the tune of £50 million for him makes me feel like a proper smug cunt though.