You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2014-2015

Jhinge Machha

Ronaldo must be the least inspiring great player ever. A percentage player who's perfected the art of finishing and getting himself into goalscoring positions by being faster, stronger and better at lashing the ball than the opponent.

Fuck these percentage players who perfect the art of finishing by being faster, stronger and better at scoring than anyone else on the planet. 149 league games, 164 goals for Madrid, not forgetting the 40 he scored for the Mancs in his last season. Currently holds the record for Champions league goals too. If that doesn't inspire you, I don't know what will. That statement above is worse than anything I've ever read on here, including Code.

Ronaldo must be the least inspiring great player ever. A percentage player who's perfected the art of finishing and getting himself into goalscoring positions by being faster, stronger and better at lashing the ball than the opponent. No flair, creativity or vision to keep your interest in between the goals.

He's brilliant and a pleasure to watch,his goal the other night he started it on the half way line and was on the end of the Bale cross and slotted it and he's got no creativity or vision,are you taking the piss.

Ronaldo is capable of brilliance but he is most certainly not a joy to watch. He is extremely clinical in his finishing and definitely poses a massive threat and while he possesses technical ability in abundance, it's been well and truly superseded by his athleticism - the pace and power side of his game. Incidentally, Messi becoming a 'false 9' player has made him more lethal in front of goal too but has gradually made him more about finishing off moves in the final third. He used to be great to watch because he was such a threat from anywhere in the opposition half but he's become very economical in his movement in the last 18 months or so.

The above I think is why so many put Suarez in the top bracket of world class players. It's not just his form in front of goal over the past couple of years, but the manner in which he plays the game that makes him so exciting to watch.

The chase for perfection can make you unbelievably effective but your game can also become mechanised as you strive to do more of the things that make you effective. There is less room for improvisation and audacity - two things that make a player fun to watch. It applies to teams too.

• Upvote 1

Nine of the Dortmund starting eleven that beat Bayern tonight also started against us at the weekend. Bayern had some big names missing of course, but it still bodes well for us. Some pretty cuntish tackles from Bayern when things weren't going their way as well.

Is that confirmed? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

EDIT:

Tony Pulis has left Crystal Palace by mutual consent.[/size]

Mutally consented. So, yup, sacked.[/size]

That's fucking unbelievable given what he did for them . They were utter shite when he took the job

Unless he is a secret Cliff Richard fan makes no sense

That's palace relegated with burley now, wonder who'll join them?

BT Sports presenter: "Kay, what persuaded you to give up your role as a patronising and gawdy sensationalist news presenter to take up the manager's post at Crystal Palace? Did you have you any managerial experience in football before this, Miss Burley?"

I'm shocked that there are fans that support the Pulis sacking, on the reason that "he didn't have the heart to do the job and he would spend loads of $ on shit players, if he was given the money to do so."

That's coming from a palace supporter on twitter, on a guy who chose to take possibly the worse job at the time, but turn it into something incredible.

Dumb tards those people are.

I'm shocked that there are fans that support the Pulis sacking, on the reason that "he didn't have the heart to do the job and he would spend loads of $ on shit players, if he was given the money to do so."

That's coming from a palace supporter on twitter, on a guy who chose to take possibly the worse job at the time, but turn it into something incredible.

Dumb tards those people are.

That's mental. He would have turned them into mid table stalwarts for a few years and cemented their PL position. Of that there is no doubt. Which is more than Palace's level.

That's mental. He would have turned them into mid table stalwarts for a few years and cemented their PL position. Of that there is no doubt. Which is more than Palace's level.

His following argument was no man is bigger than a club and the team would be in administration in his hands.

Tens of millions a year of revenue from just playing in the premier league doesn't sound like administration to me. I seriously wonder if I'm just getting toyed.

His following argument was no man is bigger than a club and the team would be in administration in his hands.

Tens of millions a year of revenue from just playing in the premier league doesn't sound like administration to me. I seriously wonder if I'm just getting toyed.

Did the chairman say that?

• 2 years later...