You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divock Origi

WhiskeyJar

Watched Lille a few times on BT Sport this season, and while you can see that there is potential, he has been distinctly poor, in a poor team it has to be said.

To be fair to the lad, he's been played all across the front line, never getting a real run of games in a settled position. The Welbeck comparisons earlier in the thread are certainly valid, at this point in his very young career.

Wellbeck has scored more this season than all of our strikers put together, so that's good news...

not even a minute in a Liverpool shirt and the young lad is already being thrown shite at by proper fans. Great bunch of lads, on pair with those slating our other young signings which Rodgers refuse to play because of reasons.

pretty rich coming from you mate. With your views on lallana

pretty rich coming from you mate. With your views on lallana

But Lallana is mediocre and it's been for everyone to see unless you only watch MotD, Origi is a young lad with bags of potential and one of the most talented players in his position and age group in Europe. There's the difference. I don't slate players or call them mediocre without a reason.

But Lallana is mediocre and it's been for everyone to see unless you only watch MotD, Origi is a young lad with bags of potential and one of the most talented players in his position and age group in Europe. There's the difference. I don't slate players or call them mediocre without a reason.

Straight on loan by Rodgers. Typical.

I don't expect him to come in and solve all our problems, that of course would be preposterous to expect, and would be hugely unfair to a 19 year old kid. However, with the price comes expectancy. At £10 million, I think people have a right to expect more than what he has shown at Lille so far this season.

Had we managed to get him back from his loan earlier by paying an additional fee, up to £5 million was rumoured, then there would be even greater expectancy. £10-15 million is a whole load of money for a teenager, even in today's mixed up transfer market.

It is a whole load of money. Probably says more about our transfers under Rodgers and Co than anything else.

Lets hope he is a natural goalscorer just not getting the chances.

I think Lallana has been our best signing,not saying a lot I realise,but not getting on the pitch wont help him improve.

Hes scored more League goals than Lambert and Balotelli combined(again not great as its 2-1 to Lallana)

Guest Pistonbroke

Is he bollocks, he's been playing with broken ribs and is still one of our best players on the pitch, saying he is mediocre says you know fuck all about football. 

Lille won 3-0 today, with Origi playing the full 90.

Toulouse were reduced to 10 men in the first minutes when Origi was fouled in the box. The subsequent penalty from Marko Basa was saved.

Origi grabbed an assist for Lille's third and final goal, with a first time square ball to find Nolan Roux who was able to beat the onrushing keeper and tuck home.

Goals on DailyMotion can be seen here. The penalty and it's award are not in the video. Still looking for proper highlights.

Is he bollocks, he's been playing with broken ribs and is still one of our best players on the pitch, saying he is mediocre says you know fuck all about football. 

I agree he isnt mediocre but a shitty signing seeing as he cant play 90 mins according to Rodgers

Lallana,sorry to hijack the thread,always is one of our top performers in every game he plays and again yesterday,but he gets hooked ahead of players who are far worse than him. With a change of manager I believe he'd be a regular and with it a regular goalscorer too.

We buy Lallana and Lambert who have a good playing understanding from Southampton yet hardly play them together. But this is yet another argument about Rodgers poor management.

The pressure is going to be before he has kicked a ball. Feel sorry for him though as he is raw as fuck. I just hope people show dome patience. Looking forward to seeing him though and 6 months to adapt this year and hopefully he can be ready for the next year.

Anyone have a idea when Sturridge is fit?

Flanno back in training and Suso back next week too