Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Divock Origi

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Em City said:

 

Moreno was worse. Make a mistake, smile like a gobshite, make another mistake, rinse and repeat. Abomination of a player.

 

Edit: forgot about Konchesky. He was the worst.

We really do have a shocking tradition of crap left backs. There can't be another position where we've so often unearthed an absolutely woeful set of players. Julian Dicks (Reporter: 'Why did you sign him?' Souness: 'He's a man'. He actually said that. That was it.). Burrows (and the often shouted remark, 'Burrows, ya bastard, you couldn't find a red shirt in a bloody abattoir!'); Warnock; Dossena; Insua; Konchesky; Cissokho; Moreno; and the decent but cornflake-frail Aurélio.

 

Only in that company does Stig seem relatively okay-ish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/04/2022 at 20:52, Tj hooker said:

Joey Jones is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet , he used to walk his dogs past my sisters house and he would always stop and chat seen him since coming out of the Lidl and he stopped and we had a good chin wag he's absolutely adored at Wrexham Fc nobody has a bad  word to say about him .

He used to live by my mate's Auntie on the Wirral. Joey gave my mate's Auntie a pair of his Welsh shorts for my mate to wear,and boy did he wear them! He had them for years and took every opportunity to wear them until the arse fell out of them,quite literally. We took the piss out of him constantly as they were way too big and he had legs like the chalk end of a snooker cue.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

We really do have a shocking tradition of crap left backs. There can't be another position where we've so often unearthed an absolutely woeful set of players. Julian Dicks (Reporter: 'Why did you sign him?' Souness: 'He's a man'. He actually said that. That was it.). Burrows (and the often shouted remark, 'Burrows, ya bastard, you couldn't find a red shirt in a bloody abattoir!'); Warnock; Dossena; Insua; Konchesky; Cissokho; Moreno; and the decent but cornflake-frail Aurélio.

 

Only in that company does Stig seem relatively okay-ish. 

Burrows was ten times the player Dicks was and actually was a decent left back. Another one of Souness fuck ups that our fans seem to forget during those dark days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

You left out the legend that is Jose Enrique. Presumably because of his quality...

I think Jose was a good left back, and far too good for that company.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Burrows was ten times the player Dicks was and actually was a decent left back. Another one of Souness fuck ups that our fans seem to forget during those dark days.

Personally I wouldn't call him decent. He was a no-nonsense journeyman player at best but never LFC standard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

We really do have a shocking tradition of crap left backs. There can't be another position where we've so often unearthed an absolutely woeful set of players. Julian Dicks (Reporter: 'Why did you sign him?' Souness: 'He's a man'. He actually said that. That was it.). Burrows (and the often shouted remark, 'Burrows, ya bastard, you couldn't find a red shirt in a bloody abattoir!'); Warnock; Dossena; Insua; Konchesky; Cissokho; Moreno; and the decent but cornflake-frail Aurélio.

 

Only in that company does Stig seem relatively okay-ish. 

Dossena..the only Italian in the world who couldn't defend..

Warnock was also decent but injury prone from memory.

Agree with vlad..Burrows wasn't that bad

I remember insua showing early promise aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

At the time he was above LFC standard.

Well, no, he obviously wasn't, unless you regard that standard as being whatever it empirically is at any one point, which would render it relativistically as a transient state rather than a standard as such and thus utterly worthless, in this context, to discuss.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Well, no, he obviously wasn't, unless you regard that standard as being whatever it empirically is at any one point, which would render it relativistically as a transient state rather than a standard as such and thus utterly worthless, in this context, to discuss.

So compared to the standard now he was shit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Well, no, he obviously wasn't, unless you regard that standard as being whatever it empirically is at any one point, which would render it relativistically as a transient state rather than a standard as such and thus utterly worthless, in this context, to discuss.

He was during Souness reign and certainly was far from our worst overall. I think he even won a title in 1990? Discussing him and comparing him to era's of great success is a bit pointless given the era he was signed during. 

Edit,he was signed in 88 so was part of two title winning squads and an FA Cup winning one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brad Jones ahead of most of these chumps in goal. Especially considering what he was going through when we needed him.

 

Although obviously the man, the myth, the legend Tony Warner wins out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very sad about this. The group is progressively being broken up. Even though he was bit part, Divock always gave me a feeling of comfort just having him around felt nice.

 

Good luck to him, will always have a special place in my heart.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

All of his Liverpool goals.

 

 

His touch for those two goals in the FA Cup against the Bloos is just pure porn.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

His touch for those two goals in the FA Cup against the Bloos is just pure porn.

That was the league, wasn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×