Quantcast
Divock Origi - Page 47 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Divock Origi

25 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

He just seems (in the nicest possible way) a Forest Gump type character.

I don't think there is a nice way of saying that.  You're basically saying he has subnormal intelligence, which I think is very insulting.

I loved Jerzy after Istanbul but bringing in Reina to upgrade was still the right decision.

Same situation with Origi, for me. I'm about 75% sure that all the "new contract" stuff is just to get another club to bump up their offer another £5m or whatever.

Not that I'd be opposed to signing him on a deal where his wages are fairly low and incentive-based to be our 3rd-choice striker or something. If he's happy being a squad player and getting 800-1000 minutes a season for £50k/week then fair enough. But obviously this presumes we'd be getting in Werner or some other top option to go with our front 3 and then Origi, Shaqiri and Brewster can compete for a place behind those 4.

• Upvote 1

Read earlier that the new deal is a 12 month extension. Sounds like we want to keep his value and give him another year to force his way in

12 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Read earlier that the new deal is a 12 month extension. Sounds like we want to keep his value and give him another year to force his way in

Sounds sensible,if he agrees.

Some cracking goals in this Twitter thread; including two of my all time favourite Liverpool goals now in the winner against Everton and the fourth against Barca.

On 29/05/2019 at 00:20, Sugar Ape said:

Some cracking goals in this Twitter thread; including two of my all time favourite Liverpool goals now in the winner against Everton and the fourth against Barca.

Another one to add tonight 

12 minutes ago, Scrump said:

Another one to add tonight 

Not just that he scored on the big occasion, but it was a fucking great finish.