You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divock Origi

WhiskeyJar

As long as we have a Manager who knows how to use the players at his disposal he won't be any worse then the shit we have up front currently baring Sturridge.  If Rodgers is still here he may as well get used to the bench.

Johnson's gone - Rodgers would use Origi at right back

While that graphic paints some worrying signs, it's not a 100% guarantee that Origi will flop here. Of course the odds on that being the case are highly likely since we are notoriously poor with our transfer deals. Even more so if we surround him with players lacking in know-how, experience and genuine ability to take some of the pressure off and allow him to develop properly. But especially so if we play him out of position. Needless to say, we will have fucked up in an almighty way if Divock Origi starts to be picked as a right wing-back.

CF1xRyXUUAAPEJu.jpg

Ligue 1 worst XI of the season. He'll be in good company here. Lovren has also featured in this team on more than one occasion.

Hes fucking shit. Hate to break bad news like but if we signed any shite player people would line up with amazing feats of mental gymnastics to justify it, call it optimism or delusion, either way divock origi is utter jaarg. Enjoy.

CF1xRyXUUAAPEJu.jpg

Ligue 1 worst XI of the season. He'll be in good company here. Lovren has also featured in this team on more than one occasion.

He just hasn't found the right strike partner. An Origi/Ings front line will be great.

I wouldn't write the lad off as a player but it's goals we need from forwards. If he can't score in France then he's not likely to get many over here.

Wasn't Djibril Cisse banging in 30 odd goals a season for a shit French team at a similar age?

I think he was 22/23 rather than 19/20, don't know if the league is of a similar standard to ten years ago. I'd hazard a guess that it's marginally better, but not much.

Just checked and Auxerre were 4th the season we signed him, rather than 8th like Lille. Don't really know how either side plays/played though.

Couldnt see what all the fuss was about with this fella. Even during the world cup all i could see was a player who was very fast, but had fuck all else in his locker.

Have to agree. Unsure what the fuss was about.

Whenever i have seen him play, he didnt come across as a natural goalscorer

The hope I'm clinging to is that Lille are shite and that Origi's head has been here from the moment he signed and he's gone through the motions somewhat. Doesn't say a lot about his character if that's the case but I'll see what he does for us before making judgement.

I'm certainly not seeing him as any kind of saviour either way, he should start as the obvious 4th choice striker for me ie) we get in 2 ready made top class strikers this summer, or one at the very least plus Ings if push comes to shove.

The hope I'm clinging to is that Lille are shite and that Origi's head has been here from the moment he signed and he's gone through the motions somewhat. Doesn't say a lot about his character if that's the case but I'll see what he does for us before making judgement.

I'm certainly not seeing him as any kind of saviour either way, he should start as the obvious 4th choice striker for me ie) we get in 2 ready made top class strikers this summer, or one at the very least plus Ings if push comes to shove.

Not much hope. Do you ever see Suarez or the cunt Ronaldo giving up because there's nothing for the team to play for?

Apples and oranges.

He's a young player who was thrust into the limelight, lost form, from what I gather got shunted out wide and had the fans turn on him. He won't be the first and he won't be the last, but at his age I'd be wary of labelling him in a binary shit or good fashion.

Like Markovic and Sterling, good management will play a major role in how much he flourishes or wilts under the pressure here.

• Upvote 1