You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divock Origi

WhiskeyJar

On 05/02/2023 at 05:05, VladimirIlyich said:

Selling him and Taki,both made a fair few appearances last season,was always going to be a risk given both the inexperience behind them and the likelihood of an injury crisis as has happened. I suspect it was to make way for new signings but wasn't a good move for the squad over all.

between them in all comps Origi and Taki managed just 1600 minutes last season. They have been replaced by carvalho and Nunez, who have had less opportunity to get minutes as we haven't had the cup football, but have still managed almost 3000 minutes between them. I don't see that as being our issue, it's been diaz & jota have missed large parts of the season and firmino a fair bit. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

They referenced his goals against Barcelona in the semi-final last night, omitting to mention that he also scored in the final that year. 

When he scored I broke out the JD Single Barrel and enjoyed a few before going to bed. Next morning I flew to Fuerteventura and enjoyed the trek through Manc airport.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

between them in all comps Origi and Taki managed just 1600 minutes last season. They have been replaced by carvalho and Nunez, who have had less opportunity to get minutes as we haven't had the cup football, but have still managed almost 3000 minutes between them. I don't see that as being our issue, it's been diaz & jota have missed large parts of the season and firmino a fair bit. 

Also worth remembering how disappointing and ineffective they both were the season before last; if they'd been sold then,  everyone would have applauded the decision. One of the freakish things about last season is that every fringe player who got a chance did a decent job.

27 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Also worth remembering how disappointing and ineffective they both were the season before last; if they'd been sold then,  everyone would have applauded the decision. One of the freakish things about last season is that every fringe player who got a chance did a decent job.

yeah deffo. and their form elsewhere does not make you think they would improve us 

• 7 months later...
On 17/07/2014 at 09:33, Paulie Dangerously said:

The bloos have got his hilarious nickname worked out already 'dickcock orgy' A man in his 50s brought it to my attention

On 17/07/2014 at 10:23, VladimirIlyich said:

Well he will be fucking them pretty soon so it seems appropriate.

And so it came to pass...

15 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Five years ago today.

An odd career that lad has had. Mainly a sub during his time with us, barely played when out on loan elsewhere, never picked by Milan after joining them, and out injured currently with Forest so yet to pull up any trees there either. And yet his story with us is littered with important goals.