You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divock Origi

WhiskeyJar

2 hours ago, Em City said:

Moreno was worse. Make a mistake, smile like a gobshite, make another mistake, rinse and repeat. Abomination of a player.

Edit: forgot about Konchesky. He was the worst.

We really do have a shocking tradition of crap left backs. There can't be another position where we've so often unearthed an absolutely woeful set of players. Julian Dicks (Reporter: 'Why did you sign him?' Souness: 'He's a man'. He actually said that. That was it.). Burrows (and the often shouted remark, 'Burrows, ya bastard, you couldn't find a red shirt in a bloody abattoir!'); Warnock; Dossena; Insua; Konchesky; Cissokho; Moreno; and the decent but cornflake-frail Aurélio.

Only in that company does Stig seem relatively okay-ish. 

On 27/04/2022 at 20:52, Tj hooker said:

Joey Jones is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet , he used to walk his dogs past my sisters house and he would always stop and chat seen him since coming out of the Lidl and he stopped and we had a good chin wag he's absolutely adored at Wrexham Fc nobody has a bad  word to say about him .

He used to live by my mate's Auntie on the Wirral. Joey gave my mate's Auntie a pair of his Welsh shorts for my mate to wear,and boy did he wear them! He had them for years and took every opportunity to wear them until the arse fell out of them,quite literally. We took the piss out of him constantly as they were way too big and he had legs like the chalk end of a snooker cue.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

We really do have a shocking tradition of crap left backs. There can't be another position where we've so often unearthed an absolutely woeful set of players. Julian Dicks (Reporter: 'Why did you sign him?' Souness: 'He's a man'. He actually said that. That was it.). Burrows (and the often shouted remark, 'Burrows, ya bastard, you couldn't find a red shirt in a bloody abattoir!'); Warnock; Dossena; Insua; Konchesky; Cissokho; Moreno; and the decent but cornflake-frail Aurélio.

Burrows was ten times the player Dicks was and actually was a decent left back. Another one of Souness fuck ups that our fans seem to forget during those dark days.

36 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Burrows was ten times the player Dicks was and actually was a decent left back. Another one of Souness fuck ups that our fans seem to forget during those dark days.

Personally I wouldn't call him decent. He was a no-nonsense journeyman player at best but never LFC standard.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

Dossena..the only Italian in the world who couldn't defend..

Warnock was also decent but injury prone from memory.

Agree with vlad..Burrows wasn't that bad

I remember insua showing early promise aswell.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

At the time he was above LFC standard.

Well, no, he obviously wasn't, unless you regard that standard as being whatever it empirically is at any one point, which would render it relativistically as a transient state rather than a standard as such and thus utterly worthless, in this context, to discuss.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Well, no, he obviously wasn't, unless you regard that standard as being whatever it empirically is at any one point, which would render it relativistically as a transient state rather than a standard as such and thus utterly worthless, in this context, to discuss.

So compared to the standard now he was shit?

14 hours ago, gkmacca said:

He was during Souness reign and certainly was far from our worst overall. I think he even won a title in 1990? Discussing him and comparing him to era's of great success is a bit pointless given the era he was signed during. 

Edit,he was signed in 88 so was part of two title winning squads and an FA Cup winning one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
4 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Any coincidence that it all turns to shit once Divock goes? 

Not for me. 

Liverpool without Origi is nothing. 

Bring him home. 

Not to play. Just for the good luck omen that he obviously is. 

Selling him and Taki,both made a fair few appearances last season,was always going to be a risk given both the inexperience behind them and the likelihood of an injury crisis as has happened. I suspect it was to make way for new signings but wasn't a good move for the squad over all.

• 2 months later...