You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divock Origi

WhiskeyJar

4-2-3-1

Bolder

Heggem Song Kyrgiakos Joey Jones 

Biscan Lucas

Camara Speedie Gayle

Meijer

I’ve gone with Bob Bolder in goal. He didn’t make an appearance for the first team, but was on the bench for the 1984 European Cup Final. He played for us in those Masters footy tournaments in the early ‘00s and had his own song. I once met him and he came across as a thoroughly nice fella. He said he loved his time at LFC and his European Cup winner’s medal was a prized possession.

Joey Jones is both a Liverpool legend (European Cup winner) and cult hero, in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Joey Jones has always been regarded as a Liverpool cult hero, hasn’t he? A hard as nails fullback who always gave his all and made the very most of his, relatively speaking, limited ability. 

One of my favourite pieces of journalism from the Liverpool Echo. ' The new Liverpool full back Jones was ordered from the pitch by the match official for a display of amateur dentistry on John Hickton '

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

4-2-3-1

Bolder

Heggem Song Kyrgiakos Joey Jones 

Biscan Lucas

Camara Speedie Gayle

Meijer

I’ve gone with Bob Bolder in goal. He didn’t make an appearance for the first team, but was on the bench for the 1984 European Cup Final. He played for us in those Masters footy tournaments in the early ‘00s and had his own song. I once met him and he came across as a thoroughly nice fella. He said he loved his time at LFC and his European Cup winner’s medal was a prized possession.

Joey Jones is both a Liverpool legend (European Cup winner) and cult hero, in my opinion.

Steve Orgizovic used to play in them for us as well. Used to save the ball with his face. 

Cult?!

“He is a legend on and off the pitch. He is a fantastic footballer for me, and I know it sounds ridiculous as I don’t line him up often."

“He is a world-class striker, he is our best finisher definitely. He always was and everybody would say the same when you see him do these kind of things in training"

4 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Joey Jones has always been regarded as a Liverpool cult hero, hasn’t he? A hard as nails fullback who always gave his all and made the very most of his, relatively speaking, limited ability. 

Joey Jones is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet , he used to walk his dogs past my sisters house and he would always stop and chat seen him since coming out of the Lidl and he stopped and we had a good chin wag he's absolutely adored at Wrexham Fc nobody has a bad  word to say about him .

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Oh well, it was beautiful while it lasted.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/19/divock-origi-agrees-to-join-milan-when-liverpool-contract-expires-this-summer

Divock Origi agrees to join Milan when Liverpool contract expires this summer
Striker waiting to take medical and sign contract with Milan
Origi joined Liverpool in 2014 but has not been regular starter

Divock Origi is poised to join Milan when his Liverpool deal expires this summer. The forward has agreed the move and is waiting to take a medical and sign the contract.

Origi has been at Liverpool since 2015 and has scored some notable goals, including two against Barcelona during the famous Champions League semi-final comeback at Anfield in 2019 and the winner at home to Everton a year earlier.

He has been unable to hold down a regular place, though, exemplified by starting two Premier League games over the past two seasons, and hopes to get more playing time at Milan. He spent the 2017-18 season on loan at Wolfsburg.

The Belgium international has 22 goals from 107 Premier League games for Liverpool and could get a farewell appearance at home to Wolves on Sunday. Milan play at Sassuolo on Sunday knowing a win would guarantee them a first Serie A title since 2011.

If you look at his international career, he made his debut in 2014, he scored three goals that year, but since then he's played 18 times, up to and including this year, and scored none. At 27, if he's got any ambition at all, it's pretty obvious he can't let things continue as they've been. I wish him luck but I'm not sure Italy will be a great league for him.

He's always been an enigma. You'd think that, with his power and pace, he'd be something of a flat-track bully, but when he's started in cup games against lower league teams, instead of battering them and getting hattricks he's often looked anonymous (as if he's been bored by the lack of a proper challenge), whereas, of course, he's sometimes shone (and sometimes not) against the top clubs. If he ever recovers the form and momentum he had in Klopp's first season he'll be great, but I could also see him being as lost as he was when he went out on loan. 

He seems a bright guy. There's always going to be more to his life than football, and a good thing too.

On 27/04/2022 at 08:34, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Another Cissokho neg.

That useless tub of guts had no redeeming features. Easily the worst left back I've seen for Liverpool in the last 30 years - just think about the competition he's up against and he's still the worst.

Moreno was worse. Make a mistake, smile like a gobshite, make another mistake, rinse and repeat. Abomination of a player.

Edit: forgot about Konchesky. He was the worst.