You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divock Origi

WhiskeyJar

On 06/07/2021 at 23:43, Trumo said:

He looks like he's had to improvise after someone superglued some binoculars to his face while he slept.

Shocking this hasn't been repped. 

He’s an okay striker with an erratic first touch, but knows his way around the box. One of Klopp’s most baffling calls was to insist on playing him on the left. I’m guessing part of it would’ve been due to him being quite shit in the air for a big guy.

On 06/12/2021 at 04:40, aRdja said:

He’s an okay striker with an erratic first touch, but knows his way around the box. One of Klopp’s most baffling calls was to insist on playing him on the left. I’m guessing part of it would’ve been due to him being quite shit in the air for a big guy.

Klopp:

"He's a positive person. Talented, shoots left and right, really quick, in the air a monster. An interesting package."

25 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Klopp:

"He's a positive person. Talented, shoots left and right, really quick, in the air a monster. An interesting package."

Well he's not going to say "I think he's fucking shite which is why I only play him when I'm desperate or the game means fuck all", when he's trying to flog him is he?

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well he's not going to say "I think he's fucking shite which is why I only play him when I'm desperate or the game means fuck all", when he's trying to flog him is he?

No, but he did say that he wasn't always in the best shape, and that how he is back to how he was in the early years 

On 06/12/2021 at 04:40, aRdja said:

The reason he's played on the left I assume, is that often our forwards move around anyway. That's our main tactic, to have an interchangeable front line and most times, the player playing in the centre plays deeper, especially when that's Firmino. So that wouldn't suit Divock. The times when he's played up front are probably the times when Klopp has gone plan B and just told him to be a regular focal point.

24 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He is trying to sell him though and if he had any option, he wouldn't let him near the pitch. 

Not necessarily. He clearly has trusted him at points to be a threat off the bench. I assume he's an awesome finisher in training and has kept a good attitude but his overall game obviously isn't good enough to play regularly.

Origi is fine as the fifth option upfront. He scores big golas without really playing at all - pretty much what you want from that spot. 

I think where we need to make a decision is on the fourth spot - right now that is Firmino. That is a spot that needs to be able to play fairly regularly and not have any drop in quality.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Not necessarily. He clearly has trusted him at points to be a threat off the bench. I assume he's an awesome finisher in training and has kept a good attitude but his overall game obviously isn't good enough to play regularly.

He's already said he tried to sell him in the summer, but nobody came in. He's said just on Saturday he hopes Div moves and gets a manager who will play him more than he does. If any decent offer comes in January, we'll snatch their hands off. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He's already said he tried to sell him in the summer, but nobody came in. He's said just on Saturday he hopes Div moves and gets a manager who will play him more than he does. If any decent offer comes in January, we'll snatch their hands off. 

That's fine. Doesn't mean he doesn't want to use him at times while he's here.