You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divock Origi

WhiskeyJar

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Be mental to let Origi go with Jota injured. Yeah he's shit but he's all we have if one of the other 3 get injured. 

Origi has contributed nothing this season and played < 20 minutes for league football. 

Even in the CL games, would we have noticed anything if we’d just have played with 10 men?

He’s no loss. 

• Upvote 1

Let’s face it, he’s been here since 2014.

He’s been on loan twice, where he was really poor.

He scored some important goals as super sub, but generally his performances have been poor, ie Madrid. I know goals can’t be sniffed at and we have some great memories of them but he’s got to do more.

He’s only looked convincing for about 8 games during Klopp first season in 2016.

Hes had enough chances now, it’s time

for us both to cut ties.

I’ll donate £10 to his statue. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think the main problem in this plan is that no one has wanted him.

Apparently Wolves were interested but he wasn't. He light reconsider that now.

BBC transfer gosspi:

Wolves are monitoring Liverpool and Belgium striker Divock Origi, 25, who could be allowed to leave in January. (Mail)

I clicked on the link and now feel dirty.

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Origi has contributed nothing this season and played < 20 minutes for league football. 

Even in the CL games, would we have noticed anything if we’d just have played with 10 men?

He’s no loss. 

Well if we get an injury to Mane or Salah then it's going to be Ox or Minamino in the front three. 

24 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He is not going to take a pay cut - he is on 55k a week. That is more than they pay Traore, Neves and Jimenez.

It's more tha Jota was on there. More than their captain makes.

So pay him the extra and move onwards and upwards. No point cutting off our nose to spite our face.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

He is not going to take a pay cut - he is on 55k a week. That is more than they pay Traore, Neves and Jimenez.

It's more tha Jota was on there. More than their captain makes.

Depends where you get the numbers from. No way I see them still having Neves, Jimenez without paying them well above that. 

Screenshot_20201218_151318_com.android.chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Well if we get an injury to Mane or Salah then it's going to be Ox or Minamino in the front three. 

Origi offers nothing though. He doesn't even run about anymore, his mind has checked out. I'd want Ox or minamino on the pitch before origi if origi stays. Jota will be back before we know it anyway. 

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I honestly think it's sad Div's gone backwards so much. Dont know what it is, weight of expectations after Barcelona and sealing number 6 in Madrid or what.

I can't say I've noticed a cataclysmic drop-off, given the base has never been especially high.

He scored 3 or 4 vital goals in 2018/19.

He's been here almost 7 years for 19 goals.

He did very little in our title season and no one noticed or complained much.

So are we talking this season?

He's still only 25... so something, somewhere perhaps, still beckons.

28 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I honestly think it's sad Div's gone backwards so much. Dont know what it is, weight of expectations after Barcelona and sealing number 6 in Madrid or what.

Look at the quality of his goals in the 5-2 against Everton. It's hard to believe it's the same player.

This season, we need everyone who is fit to be on top of their game and he hasn't come close; not even once.