You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divock Origi

WhiskeyJar

13 hours ago, House of Dirk said:

Earned us 6 points in the league

Taken us to Madrid

Pleased for the lad, especially after being done by that bitter grock Funes Mori a few years back.

For the first time in two years (since that happened) he's starting to resemble the player he looked like he could become. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Biscao said:

For the first time in two years (since that happened) he's starting to resemble the player he looked like he could become. 

The scary thing about this mate is that it was three years ago. Remember him coming on as a sub in the Europa League Final against Sevilla:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36104610

His awareness for Trent’s corner shouldn’t be understated.  I wouldn’t be letting him go.  There’s definitely something about him and he doesn’t seem the type to kick up a stink when not playing.  He’s versatile and understands the way we play.

• Upvote 2

Now’s not the time for negativity.......but I still think he lacks the necessary quality. I’m not gonna let last night cloud that judgement. Well in Div, thank you. The lad has probably given us the top 3 highlights of the season though, The Derby, Newcastle and last night.

He's got a knack for important goals... lasts night was being in the right place at the right time. Loads of room for improvement in his game, and he could definitely add a bit of bite to his approach (he's possibly too nice & too laid back). 

1 hour ago, Mcfaggen said:

He's got a knack for important goals... lasts night was being in the right place at the right time. Loads of room for improvement in his game, and he could definitely add a bit of bite to his approach (he's possibly too nice & too laid back). 

He appears very laid back and with a bit more aggression he could be a right handful.

20 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Listen, Klopp might not thank me but get the contract out, put it on the table.  Let him sign it, let him write whatever numbers he wants to put on there.

Slap it down on the table

Sitting in work thinking about his finish.  It’s just sooooo good.  I know the lack of time to have to think about it probably helped but it shows he is a natural goal scorer and the talent is there.  Honestly watch it back again and again it’s exceptional.

Watching the match again now I'm wondering just what was going through his head with that potential 1 to 1 with their goalie in the first half. Was he trying to do a Pele 1970 world cup dummy or did he just give up on it? I need answers

I honestly think the goal against Everton is the most I’ve enjoyed a goal. Ever. Including cup final goals.

I laughed solidly for a good ten minutes and must have watched replays of it for about three hours. It was absolutely glorious. 

For that I’ll always love him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KMD7 said:

Watching the match again now I'm wondering just what was going through his head with that potential 1 to 1 with their goalie in the first half. Was he trying to do a Pele 1970 world cup dummy or did he just give up on it? I need answers

I think it was a match sharpness thing.  He just didn’t read the situation right.  I was screaming shithouse at the time but he’s hardly that to be fair to him.

6 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I think it was a match sharpness thing.  He just didn’t read the situation right.  I was screaming shithouse at the time but he’s hardly that to be fair to him.

Fair point. You weren't the only one screaming at him. 

I love Divock, the lad's a rough diamond. He'll never be the most skillful or the highest goal scorer at any club, especially Liverpool. He just seems (in the nicest possible way) a Forest Gump type character. He was in the form of his life until that blue shithouse nobbled him.

He's at his best when he just has to finish. I honestly believe Jurgen took away the best part of his game trying to make him better and make him become a more rounded team player.

I still dont seehim displacing any of our front three and whether he is prepared to hang around knowing all he'll ever be here is 5th choice at best if we bring in someone else, who knows.

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

I honestly think the goal against Everton is the most I’ve enjoyed a goal. Ever. Including cup final goals.

I laughed solidly for a good ten minutes and must have watched replays of it for about three hours. It was absolutely glorious. 

For that I’ll always love him.

Just gets better with every angle.

The fume aftermath was spectacular too.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

He just seems (in the nicest possible way) a Forest Gump type character.

I don't think there is a nice way of saying that.  You're basically saying he has subnormal intelligence, which I think is very insulting.