You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divock Origi

WhiskeyJar

7 hours ago, SilverSong said:

79 appearances but just 3746 minutes. 22 goals. Around 170 mins per goal.

Salah on 7 goals, around 171 minutes per goal. Mane on 6 goals, 192 minutes per goal.

Divorigi surely another striking option fir us, especially if we make it out of the CL groups, and have a good FA Cup run.

The Divorigi-Shaq Attack might be a blistering occasional combo.

2 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Salah on 7 goals, around 171 minutes per goal. Mane on 6 goals, 192 minutes per goal.

Divorigi surely another striking option fir us, especially if we make it out of the CL groups, and have a good FA Cup run.

The Divorigi-Shaq Attack might be a blistering occasional combo.

I would give it couple of games and the knives would be out for them

He scored a scrambled weird fluke of a goal. Ok it was the winner in the Derby but he is still only as good as he was before he was brought on and a lot of people would have been happy to see the back of him. There was an audible groan in the pub when he was coming on and one fella even shouted "Who the fucks that?". I'd love to see him kick on and do well here but i'm not counting my chickens. Same as when Sturbridge scored that belter against Chelsea. I wanted to suck him off but still woke up on the Monday morning knowing we need someone better. 

• Upvote 1

He's not being given enough time for me post the injury. Last year obviously him not wanting to sit on the bench in a world Cup year. It didnt work out obviously. Prior to that injury he was on great form. Hearing people say don't write off Solanke he only 21. Well Origi is 23 and at 21 had shown far more than Solanke has. If we let him go on the cheap he will score elsewhere imo. 

I would bet had he gone to Wolves in the summer people would be saying we should have kept him over Sturridge and he could have been useful. 

We have little depth up top and he can play wide or cover the front man. Far better than Sturridge, Lallana or anyone else we have. Can't teach pace power

Unfortunately will probably never reach his potential, but at the end of the day he was a 10m punt and he's scored a decent amount of goals considering how little he's actually played for us minutes wise. I think he's dangerous enough to be an option off the bench until his contract runs out or someone takes him, although I doubt we'll be seeing much more of him. 

Not a failure by any means and I'll personally look back fondly on his time here when he goes. He really did look like he was becoming a really good player in 15/16. 

7 hours ago, Aventus said:

Even discounting the goal he had a good game, created some chances and hit the post himself. 

Deserves a fair crack off the back of that. 

Yep, he got into three good situations in what, 12 minutes? If he's going to be part of any rotating of players in a busy time of year, now is as good a time as any to do it. Strike while the iron is hot and all that. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

Was hugely frustrating to begin with and was very lazy in the defending aspect of his wide role early on. Grew into the game and made a real contribution as the game got stretched more and more. I've always liked him but still not sure if his style of play suits our game. Would have been a better early sub than Sturridge on sunday too.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Was hugely frustrating to begin with and was very lazy in the defending aspect of his wide role early on. Grew into the game and made a real contribution as the game got stretched more and more. I've always liked him but still not sure if his style of play suits our game. Would have been a better early sub than Sturridge on sunday too.

Agree he grew into the game. I would start him on Sunday. He loves a goal against the bloos

Is he worth keeping around beyond this season? He's got a goal per 101 minutes this season, which is good going. Even his 3 goals from 9 appearances in total is very solid for a guy making sub appearances twice as often as he starts. 

Aside from the goals scored, his performances in the Everton and Watford games were pretty decent (I didn't see the Wolves cup game, so can't comment).

He's still only 23, has the nice combination of good acceleration (as opposed to 'just' pace) and power, and perhaps most crucially, played in a 3 replacing one of the starters and combined well with them.