You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divock Origi

WhiskeyJar

We were crying out for something different in our front three all day today, with the honourable

exception of Mane. Fair fucks to Klopp for bringing him in, and for him for being under the bar in the 96th minute, because the generally  wonderful but currently underwhelming Salah and Firmino would have been pulling their plums ten yards away as Little Picky mopped up his error. 

30 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

We were crying out for something different in our front three all day today, with the honourable

exception of Mane. Fair fucks to Klopp for bringing him in, and for him for being under the bar in the 96th minute, because the generally  wonderful but currently underwhelming Salah and Firmino would have been pulling their plums ten yards away as Little Picky mopped up his error. 

It's not just getting under the bar either, the fact he chased it put Pickford under the added pressure in the first place causing him to panic. 

And i agree he had a half decent game when he was on, not just for the goal but just for being something different. 

• Upvote 2

We are not exactly blessed with loads of really good attacking back up, so if he is going to chip in and show the kind of attitude and effort he did today then he could yet be useful for us.

We face a bit of a crossroads with attacking players at the end of this season - clearly Sturridge has no future, Origi probably not got one either and Solanke hasn't looked likely albeit he is still young.

Work to be done there. 

I said a few weeks back he should be a option off the bench as he can work the wide areas and has the pace to cause trouble no matter his form. I'd much rather see him on the bench than Sturridge or Solanke. 

That injury knocked him for 6 as he was in amazing form at that point. 

8 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Some dick swinging going on about Div.

The lad missed a sitter 5 minutes before the end. Seems a decent fella but that ship has sailed . Thanks for goal though . A fitting never to be forgotten legacy . 

To be fair to him that was no sitter and it was also a bit of a striker's instinct to be in that position in the first place. Honourable mention to Klopp for realising we needed an injection of pace and taking the gamble on Origi.

Origi has clear assets - pace, strength and a powerful shot. That's what he was doing when he went on that good run for us. When he went shit, he was fannying about trying to be clever and going down dead ends all the time. Yesterday the time he turned and sped down the wing before putting in a decent attempt at a cross, that was the good Origi. It's all in his head in my view, there is a player in there somewhere.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

To be fair to him that was no sitter and it was also a bit of a striker's instinct to be in that position in the first place. Honourable mention to Klopp for realising we needed an injection of pace and taking the gamble on Origi.

I think Div was the last roll of the dice by Klopp.  I doubt he expected much but you're right he was in the right position for the earlier chance and the fuck up by Pickford. 

I sound a miserable fuck ( which is true much of the time ! ) but I'm as pleased as the next guy about the outcome yesterday. 3 points and a golden comedy moment at the expense of the Boos takes some whacking.