You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divock Origi

WhiskeyJar

It's all about continuing the progress. Since the seasons started he's improved massively. Think he always had the skill but now he's added a bit more physicality and confidence to his game.

Hopefully he doesn't hit his ceiling anytime soon. If he keeps improving as he has been next season you could easily see him getting into double figures. Which is what we need in the team. More goals.

• Upvote 1

Why is it unfair to compare him to Martial? He's the same age, played more club games than him, scored more club goals, played double the amount of international games he has and scored 3 international goals to the 0 Martial has scored.

Martial is widely seen as one the best prospects in the world at the moment. It looks like he's going to start for France in the Euro. Despite his lack of goals, he has been very good this year from the matches that I've seen. I've never seen Clyne dominated as he was against Martial. Origi has only had one good week and one great game against Southampton a few months ago.

I'm not really arsed if he's widely seen as a better prospect, at this moment in time he's done nothing that Origi hasn't done. He's scored 8 premier league goals to the 4 Origi has but he's played virtually double the amount of games.

Origi has also been unlucky with a few injuries this season. Was it Southampton at home he came off against injured just as it looked he was about to start getting a run in the team? I wouldn't compare him to Lukaku as he's played a lot more games and scored a lot more goals but Martial is an obvious and fair comparison to me as they're both the same age and came from France to play in the premier league at the same time.

Only if Redmond was doing as well as Sterling. Can I not say Payet has been better than Lallana this season because Lallana cost twice as much? Or Mahrez is better than Andros Townsend because Townsend cost ten times as much? It's nonsense.

Your argument seems to be it's unfair to compare the two because the ' world ' sees Martial as a better prospect and because Martial cost twice as much even though the stats of Origi compare favourably against him.

Only if Redmond was doing as well as Sterling. Can I not say Payet has been better than Lallana this season because Lallana cost twice as much? Or Mahrez is better than Andros Townsend because Townsend cost ten times as much? It's nonsense.

Your argument seems to be it's unfair to compare the two because the ' world ' sees Martial as a better prospect and because Martial cost twice as much even though the stats of Origi compare favourably against him.

Oscar and Coutinho is another one.

You're right. It will only be fine to praise or rate Origi if he starts scoring 3 goals every single week. Until then, he's fucking shite.

Four would be better, wouildn't it, 3 stacks? But seriously those same peope you see here stepping over one another to sing Origi's praise would be the very ones to start crucifying the guy if he missed a sitter. That's is how fickle this forum is. Besides, I know Origi is young but whether he will develop into a Liverpool class striker, only time will tell. All I can say at this point is that he's is promising.

Four would be better, wouildn't it, 3 stacks? But seriously those same peope you see here stepping over one another to sing Origi's praise would be the very ones to start crucifying the guy if he missed a sitter. That's is how fickle this forum is. Besides, I know Origi is young but whether he will develop into a Liverpool class striker, only time will tell. All I can say at this point is that he's is promising.

he didnt score last night so im done with him.

great while it lasted.