You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divock Origi

WhiskeyJar

Fair play, we're looking at ensuring we're healthy down the track. If Can, Markovic and Origi are as good as purported and develop accordingly, there's 3 areas of the team taken care of for some time.

Losing Carra last summer, Suarez this and Stevie one sooner than later, at least we're taking steps to get a new fresh crop of highly rated players who'll help form the next team.

I'd like to see the balance weighed more back towards today, ideally, but I can't criticise the club too much for taking the view they have, as medium to long-term it's in our best interests.

• Upvote 1

If BR judges that this kid is liable to be too hot to let him slip past then that's good enough for me.  Especially if he starts tearing defences apart in the next couple of seasons for us.  I see comments here and elsewhere complaining about signing Origi for the future and letting him slide for now, can you imagine the complaints if one of our rivals bought him for £20 million next season and he hit the ground running for them ?  So in that respect, BR can't win.  He's damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't.

how can this be good business...

we need a striker...so we've spent £10m.....and we still need a striker!

Good business would have been to put the £10m in some high interest investment....then we'd have about £12m to buy a striker in a years time...

What about if he gets injured in the year he's out on loan?

Its a akin to needing a car for work....going to the garage handing over your wedge....saying to the bloke "its ok...i'll get it next year".......then getting the bus for work but buying the Exchange and Mart!

Barking!

Most knowledgeable fans in the world...

Good business would have been to put the £10m in some high interest investment....then we'd have about £12m to buy a striker in a years time...

Can I have a slice of 20% interest please?

What if this striker turns out to be worth £12.5m in a year's time? Would look a decent investment then.

Of course we are taking a chance but we do with every signing.

I was disappointed with the Remy deal collapsing as he was ideal cover for Studge; let's hope there is a plan B in reserve

Can I have a slice of 20% interest please?

What if this striker turns out to be worth £12.5m in a year's time? Would look a decent investment then.

Of course we are taking a chance but we do with every signing.

I was disappointed with the Remy deal collapsing as he was ideal cover for Studge; let's hope there is a plan B in reserve

Do you have £10m?

So long as he's fit for selection, we should be able to see how Origi starts this coming campaign in France.

The Ligue 1 season gets underway this weekend, with Lille at home to Metz on Saturday evening, kick off at 20:00. There may be a couple of streams kicking around on Saturday evening, though as things stand right now, Wiziwig are only saying that there will be 1 stream.

Lille's first televised game, in the UK at least, is on Friday 15th August. It's being broadcast by ESPN, with coverage starting at 19:30.

• Upvote 1

and then do a lap of the emirates flicking the Vs shouting fuck you Sanchez

seriously, fuck you Sanchez. even with our current predicament with the forward line i'm not upset he chose arsenal over us. I'm upset he's a total pussy and couldn't tell his slag, "yo bitch tits, I make 150k/week and you could fly from Liverpool to London if you need to get your hairy vag' waxed for all I care. And another thing, I'm done...dressing up like the mail man, dancing for you while you call me Gary..."

Total. Fucking. Pussy. 

• Upvote 5

although it would be funny, i dont want arsenal going out in the qualifiers. there's no way they are going to win the entire thing so it will be nice if they are in it until the quarter finals.

Why? That'll just give them another wedge of cash to strengthen next summer.