You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lazar Marković

WhiskeyJar

WTF?! Has anyone actually seen Sterling play this season? I might be missing something but like Lazar our new saviour has hardly covered himself in any glory apart from a 3-4 month hot streak. Also wasn't he in the starting lineup at Anfield against Real? You know that match we lost easily? There's being critical and then there's being a spaz.

Are you on fucking crack or something?

Sterling has been crap this season so far but he has proved that he can be a fucking quality player. He also doesn't just switch off and start walking round the pitch at crucial moments like that crab was doing last night. The jury will still be out for a lot people concerning Sterling. You're a fucking brainless cunt if it is like but fair enough he's only done it in fits and starts for us and the 6 month spell from December onwards so you've got an excuse. This fucking clown though. How have we paid 20m for him. We keep buying these fucking shithouses who are terrified when they go on the pitch.

The lad is just 20, one year older than sterling. How some cunts can write him off after so few games. Well just the new face of football fans I guess.

Take your rose tinted specs off lad. The old fellas who have been going the game for decades are the first to write these kids off. People like you make out this won't have been going on years ago. It will have been you just won't have had to read it on the Internet. He's just one year older than Sterling and evidently doesn't have any of the fight, pace or composure sterling has. That's the worst thing for me. When you look at a player like Zaha or some other young player. They have got attributes that could be made into a good player. They could also turn out to be shit but at least there is something to work with. So far he has shown to actually be slow as fuck, lack any dribbling ability and looks weaker than fucking Aspas.

• Upvote 1

The former Partizan Belgrade player whet the appetite in pre-season, his ability to dribble at lightning pace with his head up and provide an end product, be it an incisive pass or a cool finish, marking him out as something special from the beginning

Fuck me, why didn't we buy this guy instead of Marcovic?

Are you on fucking crack or something?

Sterling has been crap this season so far but he has proved that he can be a fucking quality player. He also doesn't just switch off and start walking round the pitch at crucial moments like that crab was doing last night. The jury will still be out for a lot people concerning Sterling. You're a fucking brainless cunt if it is like but fair enough he's only done it in fits and starts for us and the 6 month spell from December onwards so you've got an excuse. This fucking clown though. How have we paid 20m for him. We keep buying these fucking shithouses who are terrified when they go on the pitch.

If I did smoke crack some of what you just said might make some sense.

• Upvote 1

Which ever way I try to interpret that it comes out as a pile of shite anyway. Good managers don't give up on young talent after a handful of games, however poor the fans may think he is.

Welcome to the Sky generation I suppose.

The problem is when you spend big money on someone it raises expectations. A club in Liverpool's position can't afford to be spending £20 million on a lad who may or may not come good one of these days, not unless he's Pele. That's not the lad's fault though, just like it wasn't Henderson's.

Too early to tell with the lad, but looks like an expensive gamble. Henderson had 70 PL games behind him when he arrived, the risk was lower even if the potential upside might not be so high as Markovic.

I think that all these signings can only be properly assessed at the end of the season.

• Downvote 1

The lad needs a run of games where he can build his confidence up which presumably, for whatever reason, is probably around his ankles right now.

Not sure why a footballer should lack or lose confidence but it happens. Wonder if he's getting extra sessions with Dr Peters or whatever he's called?

Take your rose tinted specs off lad. The old fellas who have been going the game for decades are the first to write these kids off. People like you make out this won't have been going on years ago. It will have been you just won't have had to read it on the Internet. He's just one year older than Sterling and evidently doesn't have any of the fight, pace or composure sterling has. That's the worst thing for me. When you look at a player like Zaha or some other young player. They have got attributes that could be made into a good player. They could also turn out to be shit but at least there is something to work with. So far he has shown to actually be slow as fuck, lack any dribbling ability and looks weaker than fucking Aspas.

LOL. I've been going the games since 1965 'lad.' No rose tint specs for me.

I was worried about Lazar because he didn't even look good in his 'highlights' videos on youtube. But I do think he will improve once the whole team starts playing better. Sterling looked really good last season because the team was tearing it up. Now we are playing shit Sterling doesn't look that great, although it doesn't help when Brendan sticks him on the wing.

Hopefully better things to come from Lazar.

I was worried about Lazar because he didn't even look good in his 'highlights' videos on youtube. But I do think he will improve once the whole team starts playing better. Sterling looked really good last season because the team was tearing it up. Now we are playing shit Sterling doesn't look that great, although it doesn't help when Brendan sticks him on the wing.

Hopefully better things to come from Lazar.

I think there's a good player in there somewhere but can we afford to give him the game time he needs to show it?  The most worrying thing for me is he doesn't look that quick and I thought that was one of his main strengths.

6 out of 10 performance, which is a compliment given what he's shown prior to tonight.

Finally showed some effort to at least try something tonight, the run in the second half in particular showed he does actually posses something other than the square pass.

Hopefully give him the confidence boost, small steps n all that.

Erm, excuse me. Leave the numbers to the experts, please.

• Upvote 2