You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lazar Marković

WhiskeyJar

Reds complete Markovic deal

15th Jul 2014 - Latest News

1166__3498__1000h_517X310.jpg
Liverpool FC are delighted to announce the signing of 20-year-old Serbia international Lazar Markovic from Portuguese side Benfica.

The versatile attacker, who is capable of excelling in any forward position, joins the Reds on a long-term deal after a season of remarkable success with the Lisbon-based club.
Markovic clocked up 49 appearances during the 2013-14 campaign and contributed seven goals as Benfica sealed a domestic treble and reached the Europa League final.
Having quickly graduated through his country's youth ranks, the Cacak native made his international debut in February 2012 and is now a regular for his national team.
He becomes Brendan Rodgers' fourth signing of the summer to date, following the confirmation of Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana and Emre Can as new players for next season.
After completing a medical and the formalities of his switch at Melwood, Markovic told Liverpoolfc.com: "I am very happy that I have joined such a great club.
"I hope that I will fulfil the expectations of the supporters, coaches, players and all connected to the club. I have seen what the players are like, I have seen what the supporters are like, and I cannot wait to start playing here."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/166355-reds-complete-markovic-deal

according to his interview on the official he prefers to play on the left. Also liked this..

Finally, what would your message to Liverpool fans be?

I went to Partizan and won the title. I went to Benfica and won the title. Now I have joined Liverpool and want to win the title, 100 per cent.

according to his interview on the official he prefers to play on the left. Also liked this..

I went to Partizan and won the title. I went to Benfica and won the title. Now I have joined Liverpool and want to win the title, 100 per cent.

2014-2015 premier league winners guaranteed

This is the bit where somebody roots out a quote from Jovanovic promising to make us the kings of Europe again.

He's pretty fucking quick on the evidence of those clips. Next season's gonna be a blur.

By the same token I'm sure people were saying Suarez and Torres would be great when we signed them. And they were right.

You get some right, you get some wrong, but we haven't signed many players recently as highly rated as this lad. He's not really comparable with Smicer or Mark Gonzalez or most of the other shite who've played for us. I've got a good feeling about this one.

The signing isnt comparable to Suarez or Torres either who had 4-5 seasons of top flight football in La Liga/Eredivisie beforehand whilst also playing for their international teams. Torres being Spains top scorer in 2006? Suarez impressing in 2010 World cup.

Markovic has 26 games in the Primeira Liga. Dont get me wrong i think he is going to be a great but it is a Coutinho level signing. A lot of potential.

100% this kid just rips it up from his first game. No twelve year bedding in period, or needing special Serbia cheeseburgers. Just from the first whistle he starts skinning everyone and scoring worldies.

Wins PFA young player of the year this season.

• Upvote 1