You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lazar Marković

WhiskeyJar

I've never seen him play but for some reason my hopes are high.  Even if he doesn't tear up the league this season there are enough people who are seriously impressed by him that it sounds like eventually he should turn out to be a very good player.

Of course, my judgment on players I've never seen play has proven extremely questionable in the past (for some reason I had this idea that Mark Gonzalez was going to be brilliant).  So there's that.

I will reserve judgement until at least 15 minutes into his debut in some pre-season kick about, when I will either judge him as a suitable replacement for Suarez, Stevie and Rushie or will decide he is shite and will demand that Ayre tops himself.

He sounds like he should be part of White Goodman's dodgeball team.

"Blazer, lazer, tazer and.... Lazar"

Wish I wasn't too tight to pay the membership fee, or else I'd neg the shit out of you for fucking up that quote.

Virtual neg applied though.

• Downvote 4

If you ignore the fact Smicer was about 26 when he joined and never rated as one of the top talents in Europe, then yeah.

Yeah I'm not saying the wee man won't be a hit, but I take any such praise for players with a sizeable pinch of salt.

I still can't remember who said Sean Dundee made Michael Owen 'look slow', but I imagine they're currently in a coal shed trying to fuck a watering can.

• Upvote 2

Yeah I'm not saying the wee man won't be a hit, but I take any such praise for players with a sizeable pinch of salt.

I still can't remember who said Sean Dundee made Michael Owen 'look slow', but I imagine they're currently in a coal shed trying to fuck a watering can.

By the same token I'm sure people were saying Suarez and Torres would be great when we signed them. And they were right.

You get some right, you get some wrong, but we haven't signed many players recently as highly rated as this lad. He's not really comparable with Smicer or Mark Gonzalez or most of the other shite who've played for us. I've got a good feeling about this one.

So has he actually signed yet or what like? Tis Tuesday after all.

Seems to be dragging on.

It either-

Levy has got him at Spurs offering him 10m a week

Something has shown on the medical

Or we are just very crap at this sort of thing and Ayre keeps entering the wrong pin number on the company card  

Seems to be dragging on.

It either-

Levy has got him at Spurs offering him 10m a week

Something has shown on the medical

Or we are just very crap at this sort of thing and Ayre keeps entering the wrong pin number on the company card  

We're waiting for the guys on the offal to put together the 5 story links that accompany every new first-team signing. 

Liverpool agree fee with [club] for [player]

[player] completes Liverpool switch

Pictures of new Liverpool signing [player]

[player]: The first interview

Ayre: [player] signing is a real statement of intent

• Upvote 1

I don't get this deal. 12.5m for his sporting rights and they hold 50% of his economic rights.

What does that mean? Do they get 50% of any earnings that come from shirt sales, cheap tat and any other bollocks that feature his name or face?

They owned half of him. The other half was owned by 3rd party owners said to include Pini Zahavi and possibly as a front for Chelsea.

Vitesse are fucking gutted.

I don't get this deal. 12.5m for his sporting rights and they hold 50% of his economic rights.

What does that mean? Do they get 50% of any earnings that come from shirt sales, cheap tat and any other bollocks that feature his name or face?

Benfica held his sporting rights, the third party his economic rights. When he signs Liverpool will hold both Sporting and economic rights. No other party will have a future claim on image rights etc.