You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bread Thread

Remmie

How farl off are you from getting some pics up on here, Remmie?

17887c8f0cf083629d353d3813bc6cc4.jpg

They are pretty easy and quick to make and surprisingly they taste better once they have cooled down. I used some yoghurt like you suggested. I was pleased with them and the only thing I'd change next time is to add some salt and improve the presentation a little

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
20 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Went to the docs for a regular check up and blood tests yesterday, the nurse told me I've got to stop eating bread. Nothing else, just bread. 

WHAT THE FUCK? 

24 hours on and I'm still not sure how I'm going to manage to live. 

S/he’s making it up.

Go on, then, let’s have the explanation 

22 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Went to the docs for a regular check up and blood tests yesterday, the nurse told me I've got to stop eating bread. Nothing else, just bread. 

WHAT THE FUCK? 

That's bizarre. Are you allergic to it in some form? 

A life without bread would be quite shitty 

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

None given. My head has gone.

Were there discussions about blood sugar or diabetes or some such as a result of the blood test?  If so, it could just be about the high glycemic load of (white) bread.  If that's what it is, you can probably work around it, I did.

On 20 October 2018 at 1:11 PM, Carvalho Diablo said:

WHAT THE FUCK? 

I read one of the Secret Footballer books and he does a section on nutrition and diets for Footballers. Says one of the worst things you can eat is white bread. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I read one of the Secret Footballer books and he does a section on nutrition and diets for Footballers. Says one of the worst things you can eat is white bread. 

Micky Quinn says the SF is talking bollocks. What else are you supposed to mop up your chip gravy with.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Remmie said:

After watching the video above (which doesn't seem to have embedded for some reason) the next clip was about making a toast sandwich. Not a toasted sandwich, but a toast sandwich. Game changer. 

Tried watching them both. The first one is really annoying and I switched after about 20 seconds to the toast sandwich video. Didn't make it past about 12 seconds. What a fucking annoying twat.

I noticed his full English breakfast featured unfettered beans proving his twatiness

26 minutes ago, Aggers Elbow said:

Tried watching them both. The first one is really annoying and I switched after about 20 seconds to the toast sandwich video. Didn't make it past about 12 seconds. What a fucking annoying twat.

I noticed his full English breakfast featured unfettered beans proving his twatiness

Yeah the guy was an utter unfunny bellend hence not sharing the clip. The toast song was boss though

• 1 year later...

Since Remmie has bumped this I'll post here rather than the new thread.

Good bread is the absolute food of the gods. Growing up in Bolivia, everywhere neighborhood has a family with a giant clay oven in their back garden and they make little round bread rolls called "pancitos." Sort of like the clay-oven fired flavour of good naan but it's yeasted more like Western bread. Absolutely to die for when it's fresh.

If it counts, and I'm not sure it does because it's as much cheese as it is bread, the tastiest bread in the world is actually pao de queijo, the Brazilian cheese-bread that melts in your mouth and is absolutely dangerous to your waistline.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...