You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Goodbye Suarez

boots123

Guest Numero Veinticinco

That's when you know you've finally become the arl cunt...

Yeah. I felt it click right at that moment. It's only a matter of time before I'm throwing stones at kids in the park.

Yeah. I felt it click right at that moment. It's only a matter of time before I'm throwing stones at kids in the park.

Coming in at this end of the thread and reading that before working back, I momentarily thought it was the mad bastard's latest outrage du jour.

Love watching Suarez on a football pitch and will continue to do so during his time at Barca, though it will never again be the same, particularly with the opportunity to watch him in the flesh being largely removed.

We touched lucky signing him for what we did, and the exchange of him for a Champions League return would have seen hands snatched off if proposed last summer, so it could have been a lot worse thinking back to then. Huge shame, but onwards and upwards.

@Zizouology: Exclusive from Agência News that FIFA will reduce Luis Suárez' ban. Their information is that the reduced ban is for 5 matches and 1 month.

@Zizouology: Agência News say FIFA will in the coming days announce that Suárez' 9 game + 4 month ban is reduced. Sepp Blatter will chair the meeting.

@Zizouology: Agência say CONMEBOL President Eugenio Figueredo and FIFA reached an agreement to reduce Suárez ban from 9 games/4 months to 5 games/1 month

Least surprising news ever that. To be fair, he would have gone anyway if they met his clause, and it more likely speaks of the unhealthy status Barcelona and Madrid hold than any attempt to fuck LFC over, but the hypocrisy and general murky shenanigans of football rarely fail to leave a sour taste.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Any chance this news could spark Madrid getting interested? If we can't get Sanchez, I'd take Isco and cash.

Fixed

• Upvote 1

As others have wisely pointed out, it may be - shock horror - that we can't replace Suarez directly in this window due to a mixture of things, including availability and the personal preference of certain players this summer. Key is to strengthen the areas we can and therefore the squad overall, while not jizzing away an infinite amount of pound notes on substandard players in his position.

I'm sure the right player will become available in time and FSG aren't just stroking a cat and giving out evil laughs. Ian Ayre's Scouse legitimacy and penis length I can't and won't comment on.

• Upvote 1

You can bet your life the ban won't be reduced until after he has signed for Barca .

Interesting either way. If the ban is lifted after it would be supremely cynical, but Barca and their drones won't care. If lifted before, we should pull the plug on the deal.

I fucking despise Barcelona. Bunch of little fuckin' pricks, wanking over Messi. Real is not much better. FIFA is shite, we all know that but this...

I get people disliking Barcelona, but hating them more than Real Madrid is difficult to understand. In the present, you'd be hard pressed to find a more detestable trio than Ronaldo, Pepe and Ramos, and in the past they owe a great deal of their success to the support of a fascist dictator. They're certainly less hateful post-Mourinho, but they're still a vile club.

• Upvote 2

Sterling could be the one to step up. If he makes the same amount of improvement as he did last season, he really could be phenomenal this season. He learnt a lot from Suarez after having some difficult moments when they first started playing together. He may relish being the main man , although I'm sure Sturridge would have something to say about that, but Raheem certainly seems less prone to injury so he may well become our goto player for us this season. Hopefully we will sign players of equal or greater ability before the season starts though. It was also a blessing that Sterling didn't tire himself out with a long WC campaign. But losing Suarez is a massive hole which can't easily, if ever, be filled.

• Upvote 1

When Torres and Owen left I sort of figured they would go downhill.

As Suarez leaves, I think the opposite - he'll go from being regarded as the third-best player in the world only on Merseyside to debate about whether he or Messi is more important to Barca in a year or two.

Hate to see him go, and obviously as several have pointed out we're not going to be able to replace him with one player.  Hopefully Brendan has a plan to do it with an improved squad.

It would be an absolute joy to get Barcelona in the CL and to give them the Arsenal treatment. I totally understand it's the footy food chain but they are an arrogant bunch. Full of it. Still not as bad as Real though. 

• Upvote 1

Barca are worse than Real Madrid. Real Madrid don't fuck about you know they're the bad guys there's no pretense they are like lord vader fuck this shit I'm wearing full black nazi regalia with dodgy breathing apparatus and a cape people will know what I'm about where as Barcelona are like jimmy Saville, the underlying creepiness is there but look at what he does for charity and the kids. Everyone loves jimmmmmmyyyy ( that jimmy was said in the voice of Billy's wife in bread ).

• Upvote 14

I feel like I've come back from a dead good holiday after a few weeks and have got to go to work tomorrow, there's an empty feeling there which won't be filled. He's arguably the most effective player in the world. In Kenny's last season as manager Suarez really was the only reason to go the match.

I really wish we'd harnessed all his goals and assists last season and won the league.

Sterling could be the one to step up. If he makes the same amount of improvement as he did last season, he really could be phenomenal this season. He learnt a lot from Suarez after having some difficult moments when they first started playing together. He may relish being the main man , although I'm sure Sturridge would have something to say about that, but Raheem certainly seems less prone to injury so he may well become our goto player for us this season. Hopefully we will sign players of equal or greater ability before the season starts though. It was also a blessing that Sterling didn't tire himself out with a long WC campaign. But losing Suarez is a massive hole which can't easily, if ever, be filled.

Its time for Coutinho to step up a a level. If he does that, then he will be phenomenal.