You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Members ticket sale 2014/15

chris71

A lad I know who has never been to a game in his life got two tickets for 3 games today.

Fair play to him but that's what we're up against this season

When the demand is this great that really doesnt seem fair when there will be many who come away with nothing

I have this feeling that there's a sneaky plan by the club to level the playing field and shaft a lot of regular match goers. They raise the number of games required for the first sale, then raise the number of Cat C's available and before you know it, you go from 19 (what I've had each year since Membership began) to being on the bubble of falling out of loyalty. I missed two today, not because I couldn't go or was late, just because of 'sheer numbers'. They do that with the 3 more Cat C's in November and I fall to 15 credits through no fault of my own. Next year, they raise the threshold again and suddenly my 'loyalty' is looking shaky.

I know all that's paranoia but people like me aren't the people they want on Membership. I'm already facing up to being locked out of Champions League games because I prioritised the League Cup over the Europa League. If that starts going on loyalty then I'll be forever watching it on TV, which is fucking balls.

35 mins waited, still over an hour to go.

Basically, this process is a random draw in which you've only got about 2 seconds at 8.15am to enter,

2 seconds being the time between refreshes from the "Sale not Started" screen to actually joining the queue.

I'd be interested to see if anyone does get a lower wait time than an hour...

10 years of loyalty gone for me too, won't get enough this season to get a shout at early tickets next season.

Thankfully i'm already sorted for Everton,WBA and Arsenal but I was hoping to go to another five games with my mum, but she only goes to about 7 a season, due to not being a millionaire like most of us, me included so I waited til today for those games and I'm going to have to tell her she won't be going at all.....

I suppose we should congratulate the club for building a system which can actually sell 100,000 tickets in an hour or so....

The problem is that there wasn't as big as demand last year, so if we have a fallow year, all the fair weather supporters will disappear and the stadium won't be full. That's why the loyalty should extend to Cat C games.

Only, how do you build loyalty if you cant buy any tickets? I managed one ticket last July and nothing last November. Nothing again today

Why didn't they stagger the sales the same way they did in the seasons before this one? That seemed a better, fairer process and not as soul-sapping as this one.

The system's into its third year now. I feel the same, though. Its like one shot for half a season of games. At least in the past it always felt that if you werent successful for one game there'd be another one to try for in a couple of weeks. Now off to shamelessly schmooze Al and Mark

• Upvote 1

The problem is that there wasn't as big as demand last year, so if we have a fallow year, all the fair weather supporters will disappear and the stadium won't be full. That's why the loyalty should extend to Cat C games.

I think that they need to limit the amount of Memberships available too, but they'll never do that as it's £30+ for providing pretty much fuck all.