You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

happy canada day feckers

Every time you take a piss and unzip....yep, a Canadian invented the zipper.

Made a phone call lately? Yep, He may have been born in Scotland but Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone in Brantford, Ont.

Know a diabetic? Are they still alive? Thank a Canadian who discovered insulin.

Sorry for starting a thread aboot Canada.....

What a list of achievements! 

Still remember how freaked out I was the first time I encountered Canadians as a kid. We were surrounded by all things america back in the 80s and hearing the accent was like hearing someone famous.

Wow an American!

They're Canadian.

What's a Canadian?

They're from Canada.

They're not American?

No.

Fuck.

Like fakor and He-Man.

• Upvote 2

Made your own syrup yet?

one of my past colleagues works a mape syrup farm in the Spring, her name was Pippa and her American father left her at an early age.

Anyway, we call it tapping the trees.

Here in my little town its 24 hr daylight so no fireworks but we have games at the community hall. Baby smiling contestes, dice knock out game, etc. Then there is what we call a Honda Parade, where the RCMP, firetruck (singular as there is only one) and water trucks and then personsl pick up trucks lead all the vehicles in town, followed by the main mode of transport, the ATV four wheelers called Honda's because that is the most popular brand.

The Mounties usually fire up the BBQ and hand out free hot dogs to the local Inuit. Not sure that happened this year, I went for a hike on the land and then had some bacon and pancakes for dinner with maple syrup of course.

Maple Leaf brand bacon. The syrup was, however, generic brand but the I know the maple syrup Nazi's in Quebec have a cartel of the stuff so its all the same.

Sadly no beer, but have a mates wedding social coming next week in the Thousand Islands so there will be plenty of ale, including a sneaky run across the border for Genessee Cream Ale.

Also going to give golf a go for the first time in 18 years since the infamous golf cart incident.

• Upvote 1

Still remember how freaked out I was the first time I encountered Canadians as a kid. We were surrounded by all things america back in the 80s and hearing the accent was like hearing someone famous.

Wow an American!

They're Canadian.

What's a Canadian?

They're from Canada.

They're not American?

No.

Fuck.

Like fakor and He-Man.

Repped.

By the way, it's Faker, not Fakor.

Here in my little town its 24 hr daylight so no fireworks but we have games at the community hall. Baby smiling contestes, dice knock out game, etc. Then there is what we call a Honda Parade, where the RCMP, firetruck (singular as there is only one) and water trucks and then personsl pick up trucks lead all the vehicles in town, followed by the main mode of transport, the ATV four wheelers called Honda's because that is the most popular brand.

The Mounties usually fire up the BBQ and hand out free hot dogs to the local Inuit.

You Canadian cats certainly know how to party.

• Upvote 2

Two of my heroes. 

B6s18fcCUAEnckP.jpg

Throw in  Michael Ironside and you've got a veritable panoply of modern legends. 

Only Celine Dion adds an unwelcome blemish to its record, and the fact their Anglo Saxon values are tainited by some dubious galic genetic interference.  

one of my past colleagues works a mape syrup farm in the Spring, her name was Pippa and her American father left her at an early age.

Anyway, we call it tapping the trees.

The Mounties usually fire up the BBQ and hand out free hot dogs to the local Inuit. Not sure that happened this year, I went for a hike on the land and then had some bacon and pancakes for dinner with maple syrup of course.

Maple Leaf brand bacon. The syrup was, however, generic brand but the I know the maple syrup Nazi's in Quebec have a cartel of the stuff so its all the same.

Sadly no beer, but have a mates wedding social coming next week in the Thousand Islands so there will be plenty of ale, including a sneaky run across the border for Genessee Cream Ale.

Also going to give golf a go for the first time in 18 years since the infamous golf cart incident.

656bc6aab2d14a919a2ac0e502581043.jpg

Did they have a spider-baby?

One of my best mates went travelling about 4 years ago. First stop was Canada where he met a bird (well out of his league) and they fell in love etc. He didn't travel anywhere else and now lives in Vernon, British Colombia. Works as a truck driver or something for some oil firm up in the north. He has changed completely. 

He posted on Facebook last night about Canada day. My reply? 'Fuck Canada' 

Two of my heroes. 

B6s18fcCUAEnckP.jpg

Throw in  Michael Ironside and you've got a veritable panoply of modern legends. 

Only Celine Dion adds an unwelcome blemish to its record, and the fact their Anglo Saxon values are tainited by some dubious galic genetic interference.  

Elisha Cuthbert, Pamela Anderson & Neil Young are another three brilliant Canadians to add on to the list.

• 1 year later...

'Fart' in parliament: Row blows up in Canada

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38037187

Those attempts at "unparliamentary language" are piss-weak.  We need to get NP elected, to use the words "thundercunt", "bellwhiff" "RiS up" and "bad shithouse AIDS" in Parliament.

Vote NP!