You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Red Dead Redemption

Section_31

I don't game much anymore, my lad has a PS3 which basically gathers dust, he hasn't even mentioned getting a PS4 or Xbox One. The minute a new Red Dead is announced I'm heading to Argos.

I've been saying the same thing since the first rumours of release. I haven't touched my PS3 since GTA5 bar for one quick blast of RDR a few weeks back.

More companies need to take the Bethesda approach (with fallout 4) of announcing a game when it's almost ready for release rather than hyping a reveal then telling people they have to wait a year.

We're making the game, basic version will cost x, collecters pack will be y it's out in two months you can pre-order it from tomorrow. Here's some as good as finished gameplay.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

More companies need to take the Bethesda approach (with fallout 4) of announcing a game when it's almost ready for release rather than hyping a reveal then telling people they have to wait a year.

We're making the game, basic version will cost x, collecters pack will be y it's out in two months you can pre-order it from tomorrow. Here's some as good as finished gameplay.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

There's a chap on the RDR subreddit saying that we can expect an announcement tomorrow for the HD Remaster of the original RDR on PS4 & XB1.

Let the cash cow milking commence!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Still love riding about in the original. Great escapism and atmosphere.

Some games just have a great game mechanic that lets you ignore everything else in the game just to focus on that.

Spiderman on the PS2 (or 3?) where you could just swing endlessly around New York was another and San Andreas for GTA (in mission it was a nightmare because the map was too big).

• 3 months later...

No way!! Online is THE place to play.

You can't beat ruining someone's day by owning them with a well placed pistol shot or beating them 5-0 on Fifa and hearing them rage.

Not that I've ever done any of that in all my 17 years online gaming, but when I do its gonna feel fucking great.

• Upvote 2