Quantcast
Red Dead Redemption - Page 13 - TNF - Techy Nerd Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
Section_31

Red Dead Redemption

I'm still not loving it. With the first game, I was more invested in the story than any other videogame I'd ever played (only The Last Of Us comes close since, too). I don't normally like open world games as I like games with more of a defined structure (I want someone talented to tell me a story, not have me make my own), but the first Red Dead got the balance so spot on that I loved doing every single side quest as I thought they all added to the story and overall experience.

With this one, I feel like the actual gameplay mechanics haven't moved on in 8 years - every mission is just break cover, dead eye, back to cover and repeat - I think I've only died about three times during missions, and I'm halfway through chapter 3 (oh, and it is important to note that I am SHITE at shooters). And because I am not invested in the story, I'm finding myself less inclined to bother with the exploration side of things. It is an absolutely extraordinary technical accomplishment, but for me it is nowhere near as good as the original as a game. In fact, at times it feels almost like playing something like Dragon's Lair, as if all you are really doing is pressing some buttons to link cut scenes.

(there's no way I'm giving up on it though; I've been looking forward to it for too long to do that)

From what I’m hearing it’s a chore and an awful grind.   

Another that I will wait for a price drop in.  

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Bought myself a nice American standardbred last night, and I named him Virgil.

Quality.

I’m Struggling to stay interested in this at the moment. I stick it on, do a mission or side mission and then fuck it off and go to Battlefront II or PES 18. I don’t know if that’s because I know I can only restrict myself to a time limit during the week or not. I’ll persevere with it as I’m not letting £60 go to waste. 

On 11/22/2018 at 5:47 PM, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I’m Struggling to stay interested in this at the moment. I stick it on, do a mission or side mission and then fuck it off and go to Battlefront II or PES 18. I don’t know if that’s because I know I can only restrict myself to a time limit during the week or not. I’ll persevere with it as I’m not letting £60 go to waste. 

Agree with that Skids. It looks incredible, fast track is a massive bonus and Arthur is sound but in my case its finding the time to invest into it at the moment. I tend to get an hour here or there and i'll usually throw PES 18/19 or Forza Horizon 4 on, something i can just get into and get out of reasonably quickly. Its virtually impossible to do that with RDR2

• Upvote 1

I've not touched it since the first week of release, it's just too slow paced for me and I've not really found myself being drawn back into in. 

In also limited to an hour, maybe two if I'm lucky so very much quick fix approach and play a couple of games but no enough time to properly invest in it. 

31 minutes ago, Sweeney287 said:

I've not touched it since the first week of release, it's just too slow paced for me and I've not really found myself being drawn back into in. 

In also limited to an hour, maybe two if I'm lucky so very much quick fix approach and play a couple of games but no enough time to properly invest in it. 

Same. I was forced to stop playing it in the living room of an evening because of that ‘I’m a Celebrity’ shite. Once it ended I didn’t have the desire to pick it back up. Last time I was on it I took the train down to the main city, blew all my money in a clothes shop, then headed further south to open up the map and killed a few crocodiles. 

As others have said, you need hours to sink into it and I’m too old and tired to be sat up until 3am playing on a PlayStation. Missus and kids are away during half term though so I’ll maybe dust it off and try and get back into it. 

I've not picked it up since I finished it. 

It's a well made, superb story but lacks any pace so going back to replay isn't high on my list. Though I'll go back and try and gold medal a few old missions. 

I finished and it definitely picks up pace after a while.

I thought it was brilliant, I took my time and didn’t plow through it. It was just like playing along with a film.

I loved the Micah missions, guaranteed bloodbath.

Online is slim pickings for now but will revisit when they add more content.