You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Red Dead Redemption

Section_31

13 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Only put it on tonight. Just done a couple of hours of missions and got to the camp before switching it off. Looking forward to some proper exploring on it tomorrow night. 

I've only done the first linear missions, will have a go later. I'll be glad get out of the snow.

Not started this yet, though have it all installed. Planning to spend more than a good few hours on it tomorrow.

In the meantime, the below video was suggested to me on YouTube. I'm going to stick the video in spoiler tags, just in case folk want to discover everything naturally as they play through the game. Those who may want a little assistance may find the video helpful.

Im 26% of the way through the story and considering i was 19% the way through 2 nights ago shows you how big it is. Barring a few hours yesterday evening i have been on it 3 days now. At least 8hrs each day. Keep going off to hunt and explore. Got a few new rifles opened up now so can hunt larger game a bit better and im starting to work on the challenges. These are really my sort of game over the normal sport games. The only one i play regualr is Madden. 

Just bought a PS4 with because i wanted God of War and Spiderman mostly

20 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s boss, mate. I’ve just spent an hour and a half on it and only completed one easy mission. Kept getting distracted by side stories and wandering about. I’ll get months worth of fun out of this. 

Agreed. If I finish it by Christmas I’ll be amazed. 

22 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'm a few hours in and I've done almost nothing thus far. I fear I may need to kick my habit of methodically looting every cupboard and body I come across.

If you're only looting things once, that's acceptable. I suspect you may be looting the same things more than once, like I was doing originally. 

Has anyone done much upgrading of the camp?

Hunting is quite time consuming and you also need to get Perfect hides. It is meant to give you better supply's, food and Fast travel though so definitely worth doing. I've got Elk antlers thus far, so pretty much fuck all!

I bought everything for the camp that can be bought. Need to start specific hunting to upgrade satchel and bits in camp. Doesn't seem to make much difference to be honest. 

Trying to get perfect pelts is hard with some animals. 

Also for anyone new to rockstar games link your gamer profile to the rock star social club. 

You can see checklists and sometimes daily challeneges come up. 

I nearly halfway through the missions but hardly touched some of the other stuff. 

Might do a hour each morning or afternoon before my shift to do some challenges and keep used to the controls before im off again. Forgot to upload my camp pictures

40 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Oh, people seem to be complaining a lot about it. 

Yeah, it's a pity, as it looks good in SDR. No idea how they thought no one would notice the problems though. I guess once crunch time hits something had to fall by the wayside. They probably figured they could sort it in an update some time later.