You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Red Dead Redemption

Section_31

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's unbelievable. Only just realised you can set a waypoint then go to cinema mode and it automatically rides you there.

Make sure you stay by the controls though. As bandits can still interrupt it and kill you

I was actually slightly disappointed with the game for the first few days - I've now realised this was because I hadn't got to grips with the bounty system, and early in the game if you have several bounties on your head and no money with which to pay them, you can get stuck in an annoying loop which really affected my exploration/enjoyment of the game. I am now bounty free, and starting to get into it properly.

It's taken me a while to get over the extra systems in place with regards hunting, eating etc. To start with they seemed more of an encumbrance that took me out of the game, but now I'm finding I get far more satisfaction from doing simple things.

I'd still prefer it if you could turn certain animations off though, and just loot drawers with a button press.

The controls are a bit shit like. The number of times I've greeted people out on the roads only to pull out a gun instead which inevitably leads to me killing them instead is ridiculous. See also merrily leaping up on something I would rather hide behind in the middle of a gun battle. 

4 hours ago, sh#t waffle said:

I was actually slightly disappointed with the game for the first few days - I've now realised this was because I hadn't got to grips with the bounty system, and early in the game if you have several bounties on your head and no money with which to pay them, you can get stuck in an annoying loop which really affected my exploration/enjoyment of the game. I am now bounty free, and starting to get into it properly.

I found a lot of the game very challenging at first, it isn’t anywhere near as easy to pick up and play as the first game was. Gradually though I’m getting into it and am starting to do better.

It’s absolutely massive and I like the fact that I’m going to get months out of it, far too many games are done and dusted too quickly these days, especially at £40 or more a time.

The one thing I’m really struggling with is hunting, I’m going to need to read up this weekend and get smarter.

• Upvote 1

The only issue im having with hunting is trying to get the challenge done with bloody rabbits. Trying to get perfect shot on them is a pain. 

Hunting is simple, though the bait is crap or im crap at using it. 

But the varment rifle and youll need a larger rifle with a scope aswell

The varment rifile is great for birds and animals smaller than deer/cayote's 

It will not work on them even with a head shot

Also use your binoculars or cope and target the animal and then study it, once you have done this it expands your knowledge on them and once you have upgraded deadshot it will highlight the areas for a clean kill shot.

Also ride a 2nd horse and have your main horse follow you, this makes it easier to bring a bit more back to camp. 

I wish they made it so you could bring wagons to load. 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Paul said:

Too easy? Feels neither easier nor harder than the first one, to me. In fact they are very, very similar games. Is difficulty even the point of it anyway? 

I never bothered with the first one.

I like games to be reasonably challenging, this isn't at all.