You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Red Dead Redemption

Section_31

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

If one pre-orders this game, does it come the day before?

I have a situation brewing!

depends on who you order it from. I preordered forza 4 from shopto which I believe was released yesterday and it got delivered this morning, I have ordered from amazon and game before and arrived either day before release or day of.

5 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

depends on who you order it from. I preordered forza 4 from shopto which I believe was released yesterday and it got delivered this morning, I have ordered from amazon and game before and arrived either day before release or day of.

Cheers mate.

I am leaving for the Cotswolds at 09:00 on 26th Oct. I need to have it fully installed and updated by that point.

3 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Cheers mate.

I am leaving for the Cotswolds at 09:00 on 26th Oct. I need to have it fully installed and updated by that point.

Have you thought about pre-ordering digitally? Guaranteed to be with you on day of release.

Just now, Jennings said:

heard it was 105Gb download. Ouch!

I think you'll probably find it's also going to take up that much space off the disk aswell. It will most likely get installed on the disk the same as from a digital download.

8 hours ago, Jennings said:

The disk space doesn't worry me - just waiting for the download.

I'm pretty sure you can download the game before it is officially released, it then needs to be activated once released. I may be wrong on this but I'm pretty sure that's how most digital pre-orders work. It's certainly how FIFA 18 worked when I pre-ordered that digitally.

38 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'm pretty sure you can download the game before it is officially released, it then needs to be activated once released. I may be wrong on this but I'm pretty sure that's how most digital pre-orders work. It's certainly how FIFA 18 worked when I pre-ordered that digitally.

An increasing number of titles are allowing pre-load if you've pre-ordered digitally. (You still have to download the day 1 patch upon activation, I believe).

Word is that the pre-load for digital pre-orders of RDR2 on PS4 will be from the 22nd October. Reddit. (My understanding is that the pre-load will be regional, so not all regions will be from the 22nd - Some Reddit users in the UK are saying the 24th is the date they're seeing).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

A delivery fella knocked at ours earlier with a game shaped package. I couldn’t believe it, I haven’t ordered any games other than RDR2. For a second I thought they’d cocked up and given me an exclusive but then I realised my bird has started buying the kids Christmas presents. 

Twat. 

I've pre-ordered mine. I'll have to add and whoever else wants to join the TLW posse.

3 hours ago, Elite said:

I've pre-ordered mine. I'll have to add and whoever else wants to join the TLW posse.

I’ve got a hand-me-down PS4 from the boy and no PS Plus. I hardly ever play the thing but I’ve been waiting years for this game. It’ll be getting absolutely hammered for a few months on single player mode and then the PS4 will go back to being an ornament. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve got a hand-me-down PS4 from the boy and no PS Plus. I hardly ever play the thing but I’ve been waiting years for this game. It’ll be getting absolutely hammered for a few months on single player mode and then the PS4 will go back to being an ornament. 

I haven't got online either but will probably get it for this, only concern is micro-transactions spoiling it. I've paid £50 for the game so they can fuck off if they think I'm paying any more for guns that actually kill and horses than actually run.

The online bit is the bit I'm looking forward to the most. I play a lot of CSGO and the social side of gaming is the best bit.

Qwikage (a poster on here) plays CSGO too - we play most evenings. He's getting Red Dead too - so we can add him to the posse. He's in the construction industry and already a bit of a cowboy! 

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

The online bit is the bit I'm looking forward to the most. I play a lot of CSGO and the social side of gaming is the best bit.

Qwikage (a poster on here) plays CSGO too - we play most evenings. He's getting Red Dead too - so we can add him to the posse. He's in the construction industry and already a bit of a cowboy! 

Plenty of cowboys on this site pal.