You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Red Dead Redemption

Section_31

Gamestop employees have been given an extended look at Red Dead Redemption 2, and some are reporting that the "boring" presentation put them to sleep.

At the 2018 GME Conference in Indianapolis, USA, developer Rockstar showed off an all-new 20-minute live demo to the Gamestop employees in attendance. While there's - unsurprisingly - no footage of the event, an Instagram post by user undermined_productions, which has since been deleted, confirmed that a Red Dead Redemption 2 presentation did indeed take place (thanks, wccftech).

"Beautiful game, but mostly just saw horse riding simulator. Very difficult to stay awake..." said one commenter on Reddit, while another said: "There was a shoot out after a bank heist but before the heist we saw 15 minutes of meandering through some woods and some plucky guitar playing."

When asked if the game looked fun, they replied: "Shootout looked decent, the bank heist was slowly paced. The game will be great and sell like mad but the demo they showed was really dry."

"Don't get me wrong, I still think the game will be fantastic, just the demo was kinda boring to watch," added another.

When two Gamestop employees commented that they'd missed the presentation and their colleagues told them they'd been "blown away" by the demo, other attendees responded to the post by saying: "almost put me to sleep", "Rockstar Equestrian Simulator 2k19", "that was painful to watch", and "I may have fallen asleep very briefly".

It's not all bad, though.

"I thought RDR2 looked great," said a Gamestop manager. "Definitely GOTY contender and I'm not going to judge by one mission. Anyone who enjoyed the first one is probably [going to] love this new one."

Of course, it's rarely possible to assess an entire open world game on just a 20-minute demo, and a couple of commenters were keen to contextualise why viewers may have found it boring... and why they might have dozed off a little.

"To give a little context, everyone was exhausted from the week and it's the last thing they showed us," explained another attendee. "I nodded [off] for a minute but the game is beautiful. The world looks so meticulously constructed and the demo was a flawless example of the mechanics, world, and physics the game has to offer. I didn't play the first one and had zero excitement for the game going into it but came out stoked on getting it."

Red Dead Redemption 2 is due out on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on 26th October 2018.

Probably says more about this generation of gamers, bunch of spastics who don't stop to wonder why each version of call of duty is shorter than the last.
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, skend04 said:

105GB install size. What in the actual fuck! I'm either going to have to delete some games or buy an external hard drive to play this.

I got a really good deal on a 3tb external drive to replace the 1.5tb external drive on PS4. That drive is now redundant so if you (or anyone else) fancies it may be able to do a deal. 

8 hours ago, skend04 said:

105GB install size. What in the actual fuck! I'm either going to have to delete some games or buy an external hard drive to play this.

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I got a really good deal on a 3tb external drive to replace the 1.5tb external drive on PS4. That drive is now redundant so if you (or anyone else) fancies it may be able to do a deal. 

Amazon are doing a nice little 2tb HDD for £58 at the minute - WD 2tb Portable HDD

• Upvote 1

On 9/24/2018 at 3:54 PM, sh#t waffle said:

It's about time a game featured weather-dependent genitalia.

I am so excited about RDR2 I have booked the release date off work (I am 40 years old) - and that was before the horse bollock news.

This post inspired me to book both Friday 26th and Monday 29th off work, nice one Mr Waffle.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

How do you fit that to your console then Dynamite?

You just plug it into the usb slot I think, will probably need an external soon too unless the one I got for my pc works. It has to be at least usb 3.0 for it to work on a PS4 though if you were thinking of buying one and it's another type.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

How do you fit that to your console then Dynamite?

Just plug it into one of the USB ports on the console.

The standard PS4 has 2 USB 3.0 connections on the front. The PS4 Pro has these 2, plus a 3rd at the back of the machine.

I've got a 4tb external hooked up to my Pro - Seagate 4tb external HDD

Works a charm. If you connect an external HDD to your PS4, you can choose where to install games to. You have the option to move games/data from the internal HDD to the external and vice-versa.

Personally, I leave games I play more often on the internal, and move those games that I play less frequently on to the external. It's really quite simple.

EDIT: If it's within your budget and you're definitely getting an external HDD, I'd suggest getting the 4tb Seagate, or equivalent, at around £90.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

You just plug it into the usb slot I think, will probably need an external soon too unless the one I got for my pc works. It has to be at least usb 3.0 for it to work on a PS4 though if you were thinking of buying one and it's another type.

Yes. Must be USB 3.0.