You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

Luis Suárez is close to sealing his preferred move to Barcelona after the Catalan club held a “productive” first meeting with Liverpool and offered more than £70m for the controversial forward.

Andy Hunter The Guardian

Luis Suárez is close to sealing his preferred move to Barcelona after the Catalan club held a “productive” first meeting with Liverpool and offered more than £70m for the controversial forward.

Andy Hunter The Guardian

I hope we are pushing hard for Sanchez.

James Pearce is reporting productive talks to, but that we're asking £75m.

These guys are just plucking numbers out of the air , as are we.

We have had some anodyne remark to say the talks were productive. That's as much as were going to get today . Both sides will have laid out their positions and have gone away to talk to their boards .  

Fuck this, really devastated never really thought this was going to happen, assumed he would give us another year after coming so close last year and delivering the much allured "champions league" football. What a player this man was, a master of ingenuity, you just didn't know how or what he was going to do next, my far the most exciting player I've seen play live. Still hold faint hope this will go away and he'll remain ours.

The Guardian and Echo both have stories out about talks. One says 70M, the other says 75M.

I thought it would have been best to have done the other deals first before briefing the press on this. But everyone knows how much we want for him already.

Fuck this, really devastated never really thought this was going to happen, assumed he would give us another year after coming so close last year and delivering the much allured "champions league" football.

Still hold faint hope this will go away and he'll remain ours.

Yep.

Fuck this, really devastated never really thought this was going to happen, assumed he would give us another year after coming so close last year and delivering the much allured "champions league" football. What a player this man was, a master of ingenuity, you just didn't know how or what he was going to do next, my far the most exciting player I've seen play live. Still hold faint hope this will go away and he'll remain ours.

best player I ve ever seen but not arsed.

This is what happens in football. End of the world. Top of the world. mindnumbing mediocrity.