You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

I don't think we will get £80 m ( or 50 + Sanchez) . I know the knee jerk thing is to say we keep him then but from what we can be reasonably sure of  Barca  don't have the cash and they seem be valuing Suarez at closer to £60 m.  With this in mind Ayre is entering negotiations with them. To me its clear that you don't sit down with them if you're not  a) prepared to accept Suarez can leave   B) prepared to reach a compromise on price.

We don't know where Sanchez sits with this and I expect that will be high on the agenda but 

if a deal is done with Barcelona then I would think somewhere nearer 70 m is cash or equivalents is what we can expect otherwise they wouldn't even have got to the stage of formal meetings  .That £68 m number that was being bandied around a few weeks ago seems as good as any if I were to bet on it

Just out interest, why dont Barcelona have the cash? They paid close to £80 million for Neymar in total?

Our last two great strikers both came to us before they had hit the big time. Torres, definitely and Suarez, possibly, have had their best years in a red shirt. We should be looking to identify and sign the next big thing. Easier said than done, mind.

• Upvote 1

Our last two great strikers both came to us before they had hit the big time. Torres, definitely and Suarez, possibly, have had their best years in a red shirt. We should be looking to identify and sign the next big thing. Easier said than done, mind.

Sturridge is on his way there and all

Story in the mirror about Sanchez wanting to move to London and therefore Arsenal. Now it is probably the usual shite, but just in case it is true somebody should show him the video of Arsenals visit to Anfield last season.

Fuck off to Arsenal then Sanchez. Not a problem to us. The complication that the Mirror talks about (I'll bet) is that the child traffickers don't want to cough up £80m.

Well it's quite simple then as far as their negotiating team is concerned..fuck off back to Barcelona empty handed...you are NOT getting Suarez on the fucking cheap. Stick your fucking cheapskate offer, and your fucking sangria, and your fucking paella up your fat arsepipes!

Fuck off to Arsenal then Sanchez. Not a problem to us. The complication that the Mirror talks about (I'll bet) is that the child traffickers don't want to cough up £80m.

Well it's quite simple then as far as their negotiating team is concerned..fuck off back to Barcelona empty handed...you are NOT getting Suarez on the fucking cheap. Stick your fucking cheapskate offer, and your fucking sangria, and your fucking paella up your fat arsepipes!

If only Ayre would say that. He has probably accepted 50 million and Tello, and is picking up the tab for dinner with the club credit card while we speak whilst the barca contingent are pretending to check twitter on their phones trying not to laugh

Looking forward to buying a Barca shirt with Suarez on the back, and tuning in to watch him destroy Chelsea or Arsenal in the CL. Ooh, the British press will try to position themselves deliciously as our defenders, saying how he brought shame on us and how he held us to ransom for his 'greedy' transfer...like the British press are our best pals, like they feel they have to protect our honour.

Nah, I'll always be a Suarez fan because he's everything I loved about football growing up, and the times we shared here were fucking great times.

We were fucked long and hard by the best looking lad in town, and when he left us to get married to Barca, we didn't mind, because we were lucky enough to have those moments with his big cock inside us, whereas the British press never got a second glance from the gorgeous tucker. Yeah, he fucked us goooood.

Oh aye, yeah. Agree.

They can fuck right off trying to get him on the cheap, sadly I have no faith in Are, but hopefully Henry will show he isn't going to let Barcelona bum us.

With all these rumours about Suarez being upset that we said we "didn't miss him" during his ban last year we should get Rodgers and our shrink in the room with him to convince him Barca don't really love him because they're not willing to pay full ask.

I remember Ronaldo negotiating his contract the other year and getting Man Utd in a tizzy by putting it about that Perez didn't love him and he was maybe going to leave. New contract, not a peep.

Sounds a bit radical but why don't we wait until there some real news before slagging off Ayre and calling for Barca to be fucked off. So what if they really have offered 55 m. They were hardly going to hand over a blank cheque. I think its good were having these face to face meetings now rather than weeks and weeks of rumour and shite . We can at least hope for a quick outcome one way or another,