You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

Sanchez, Origi, Lovren, Markovic and pay the extra 4m for Moreno would be decent.

Suarez will go, no doubt now.

The crazy thing is, we would have only spent about £40m if we get £50m and Sanchez for Suarez

I'd still want us to get in one more player in the wide attacking areas like a Shaqiri or Griezman and a rightback.

Ship out Johnson and either Skrtel or Agger and financially it's doable

But you are way off beam blaming this on the media. Rarely in the history of disciplinary proceedings in football has one player taken the piss, so consistently. The person to blame is Luis Suarez. And those that deny that perpetuate the problem, because he thinks that things will be ok whatever he does.

I am not blaming the media for what Luis Suarez did.

I agree that rarely in the history of disciplinary proceedings in football has one player taken the piss, so consistently.

I am blaming the media for exaggerating it, and all the other things it exaggerates, that have and do, for instance, drag down and degenerate other people's and our own perception of the integrity and good reputation of something like Liverpool football club.

Because other people and us allow tabloid and even trumped-up broadsheet shite to get to us and our opinions and perceptions.

So perhaps in a way, you are right, I'm not blaming the media.

I'm blaming us, who ingest and accept and tolerate crap media.

Sanchez - great

Lallana - squad player, meh

Lambert - squad player, meh

Can - squad player

Origi - not arsed, won't even play for us next year

Lovren - mediocre, no thanks

Markovic - decent prospect (note the word prospect)

Bertrand - fuck right off

Moreno - won't buy him cause we spend like midtable fucks

Suarez - best player in the team (and world), leaving.

At least we're true to form. Liverpool, being fucking shite at transfers since forever.

Don't you think you're being a touch premature and melodramatic? 

• Upvote 3

He's going, get ready for it.

He's going, get ready for it.

A few days ago I'd have told you I've bought my Jameson's, laid the pillows down in a corner of the house, and have Adele's "someone like you" queue'd up as we speak.

Don't really care anymore, we're on the upswing and if Luis goes then fuck it. All it changes is that I hope we knock whichever team he goes to out of the CL next year. If he stays then great, we've kept the best player in the world for the second summer running.

He was a left wing guerrilla who spent 14 years in jail, ten in solitary confinement with two of those spent at the bottom of a well. After the junta was overthrown, he became a politician who consistently sought to engage all sides to ensure democracy represented all parties. He refuses to live in the presidential palace with servants and instead lives on his wife's small farm where he grows and sells chrysanthemums to earn a living. He refuses a driver and drives himself in the old Beetle he bought in the 1980's, also his only registered possession. He sold off the presidential residence at a seaside resort, claiming it was ridiculous that the country should pay for a holiday home for their presidents. 90% of his presidential salary is donated to building homes for the poor. He has been a major figure in developing Uruguay which is now the safest country in the region with solid economic growth and one of the world' lowest income disparity ranges. Hes also nearing the end of his term and cannot stand again for office under the constitution

You can't compare this guy to Cameron and the rest. Mandela is where you need to be looking for comparisons

Every word of that.  Every fucking word.  Cameron isn't fit to wipe his arse.

In other news...

Baypsws.jpg

I wonder how many will actually read that.

(insert whistling smiley)

• Upvote 1

Tony Barrett reckons the same, he wrote on Twitter.

'The only surprise about Suarez's apology is it wasn't written in Catalan. His advisers have missed a trick there.'

If it's true, just another show of disrespect from him/his agent. He's got a history of it now, last season with Arsenal and didn't he pull all this shit to get his move to Ajax?

His agent is a fucking arsehole.  He's an agent, what else is he going to be?

No apology to the fans who pay his wages. No apology to the club who stood by him time and time again. He can get fucked. Go & sit in the stands at the Nou Camp for a quarter of every season for being a fucking tit instead of Anfield.

Sanchez please Brendan.

As mellow as ever I see Lurtzy.  Good to know I can rely on some things in life.

Especially that Suarez fella.

Oh.

Yep.  If we manage to replace Suarez with Sanchez, that would be ok, but still make the team worse. 

So we would need to improve other areas by the same amount just to stand still.  I don't think any of the players we have either bought or been linked with will do that.

However Hendo, Allen and especially Coutinho and Sterling all have room to improve their forward output.

One of the reliable alleged ITK's on RAWK has posted that there is NO release clause.

Didn't catch the post, but it's being discussed over there and the general gist is that there's no general release clause, but there is a non-CL qualification release clause.

Not sure what to make of us negotiating with Barça if there isn't a clause? Either we want to bring forward the inevitable, or people in the upper echelons have had enough?

If the reported no clause rumour is true, surely the ball is in our court and we can demand a huge fee from Barça?

Adrian Durham the massive oxygen thief

I've read some shite over Suarez recently but this pile of agenda driven crap wins hands down.

Apologies I'm not going to dignify it by C+P and don't read it if you have already high blood pressure !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2675980/ADRIAN-DURHAM-Liverpool-blame-feeding-ego-Luis-Suarez-despite-previous-incidents-treated-like-legend-scored-lots-goals.html

I read the headline and stopped there.  In a fair and just world, someone would feed that ginger cunt his own shit until he exploded.

• Upvote 2

One of the reliable alleged ITK's on RAWK has posted that there is NO release clause.

Didn't catch the post, but it's being discussed over there and the general gist is that there's no general release clause, but there is a non-CL qualification release clause.

Not sure what to make of us negotiating with Barça if there isn't a clause? Either we want to bring forward the inevitable, or people in the upper echelons have had enough?

If the reported no clause rumour is true, surely the ball is in our court and we can demand a huge fee from Barça?

I'd be amazed if there is no release clause.

But no the ball would not be in our court, as Suarez wants to go to Barcelona, more than Barcelona want him.