You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

The Times in its summary points out that he already owns a house in Barcelona and spends much of his spare time there with his wife's family. They also report that Barca are flying in to see Ayre today.

These are tricky negotiations.

I'm made up for Suarez, it seems he really loves Barcelona as a city and according to Comolli he's never hidden his desire to play there.

Double-edged sword when it comes to this release clause talk, because we've already publicly shat on Arsenal when they tried to activate a release clause, so it's not worth the paper it's written on.

Gerrard's going to mope around with a face on like a slapped arse though, we need to be prepared for that.

We can either sit in a circle and cry about this, or we can reach a little higher and win trophies.

Atletico had every right to cry like bitches when they lost Falcao. But they used the money and made themselves bigger and stronger, and then won the league, like a fucking boss.

I'm really on tenterhooks here because I'm not sure what Borini's future holds in terms of the club holding onto him. But I'm 100% certain that that lad could score 25 league goals for us next season. I think he's ready-made for Suarez's position.

I think what Sturridge and Borini and Lambert need is an experienced winner to help those forwards out, someone who's won things before and leads by example, works hard, listens, learns.

Higuain, Sanchez, Mandzukic, Benzema, Mario Gomez, Tevez...

I'm looking at big game experience, big trophy experience, that type of player. Much like David Villa was for Atletico last season.

• Upvote 1

I'm made up for Suarez, it seems he really loves Barcelona as a city and according to Comolli he's never hidden his desire to play there.

Double-edged sword when it comes to this release clause talk, because we've already publicly shat on Arsenal when they tried to activate a release clause, so it's not worth the paper it's written on.

Gerrard's going to mope around with a face on like a slapped arse though, we need to be prepared for that.

We can either sit in a circle and cry about this, or we can reach a little higher and win trophies.

Atletico had every right to cry like bitches when they lost Falcao. But they used the money and made themselves bigger and stronger, and then won the league, like a fucking boss.

I'm really on tenterhooks here because I'm not sure what Borini's future holds in terms of the club holding onto him. But I'm 100% certain that that lad could score 25 league goals for us next season. I think he's ready-made for Suarez's position.

I think what Sturridge and Borini and Lambert need is an experienced winner to help those forwards out, someone who's won things before and leads by example, works hard, listens, learns.

Higuain, Sanchez, Mandzukic, Benzema, Mario Gomez, Tevez...

I'm looking at big game experience, big trophy experience, that type of player. Much like David Villa was for Atletico last season.

XQh0iYZxSSWjGeXMmPjo_Confused%20Larry%20

• Upvote 1

"Officials from both clubs will meet in London to discuss a deal for the 27-year-old Uruguay international."

Why the fuck would we meet them in London, if they want him they need to be making all the moves and going direct to Liverpool.

Because any player who they want they get same for Madrid so in the end they have it there way and call all the shots.

I wish I was conducting these negotiations...

£80M or you can go fuck yourselves. End.

(Oh, and you pay in full and you have 7 days to make it happen)

Before this latest ban, I would have agreed with this. But now we're looking at a tough opening to the season, and CL group matches, without him. If we've got the money to come up with a match winner/goal scorer while we're waiting for the ban to end, then ok. If not, we're going to need money generated from the sale to buy players just to stay even.

It's going to be madly competitive for the CL next season and we'll be starting nearly 3 months behind without Suarez. Sometimes you just have to deal.

Messi, Neymar and Suarez in the same attack sounds good on paper but in reality will probably fail. Each one of these players wants to be the main man but only Messi gets that honour at Barca. 

Neymar and Suarez are at their best when the team is built around them, they're not as effective as just support acts.

"Officials from both clubs will meet in London to discuss a deal for the 27-year-old Uruguay international."

Why the fuck would we meet them in London, if they want him they need to be making all the moves and going direct to Liverpool.

ian-ayre_1743554c.jpg

Woohoo! ROAD TRIP!!!!!

ian-ayre-pink-motorbike.jpg

• Upvote 2