You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

I wonder - can he be banned from playing in England and/or CL because of this? Anyone know?

Its never happened before, so would be a test case.

But think about it - which club would release their players for international duty if they might be banned? Would be a dangerous step.

I disagreed the first time that it happened and I disagree now that this reflects badly on the club.

Firstly any publicity is good publicity and secondly the club is not responsible for his actions, its bad for luis but I fail to see the impact it has on the club (not talking about possible transfer issues).

• Downvote 1

I feel sorry for him actually and agree with Ian Wright, he seems to be doing it before he can even stop to think. If he could think about it and see what shit's going to come next there's no way he'd do it, so he can't have been fully in control.

So he's got some type of problem and should maybe make it really clear that he's going to see a top sports psychologist or something related so they can help him with flashes of anger or whatever it is.

It can probably be fixed if it's a mental issue, but it's not going to help him in the short term. Or Uruguay, or us and the club players/staff with all the shit we're going to have to put up with over the coming days/weeks, etc.

• Upvote 1

I think this is potientally good for us Madrid and barca are going to be put off by the shadow hanging over him. Also I don't think a fifa ban overlaps to club or champions league, from what I remember he played international when he was banned from playing club.

and vice versa when he punched that player in an international.

He should not have done it on an international stage in the World Cup.

God forbid what FIFA might decide, but this is unprecedented, we may be faced with an unprecedented punishment, 

Oh behave. After everything that's gone on in internationals down the years? Only the English get overexcited about these things.

Haha you have to love it. He is going to be sooooooo popular away from home this season. He's going to play out of his skin for us.

If we wanted to offload him, the asking price is not 65million anymore, or whatever the release clause might be.

Good thing for us then as we do not want to sell. 

We won't sell under his release clause any way. 

Hopefully he does something worthwhile next time and bites Evra's throat.

How much is this release clause then?

If it's £65m+ I'd take it and get him fucked off as there'll be another incident we have to put up with. Fucking sick to death of it.

The lead story on Granada reports.

A Uruguayan bites an Italian in Brazil and whether you think it's fair or not, it puts our club on the back foot again.

After all our support and excuses for him. He's let us down again and we deserve better.

He's a fucking idiot but I'll back him like I've done every time. The reaction will be out of proportion as ever but hopefully that will put teams off from trying to sign him.

He's still the best player in the world so the club shouldn't countenance getting rid of him

Oh behave. After everything that's gone on in internationals down the years? Only the English get overexcited about these things.

Has someone else bit someone during the World Cup? 

What other instances have got to compare with? 

Zidanes headbutt in 2006 World Cup?

I disagreed the first time that it happened and I disagree now that this reflects badly on the club.

Firstly any publicity is good publicity and secondly the club is not responsible for his actions, its bad for luis but I fail to see the impact it has on the club (not talking about possible transfer issues).

:lol: that was funny

How much is this release clause then?

If it's £65m+ I'd take it and get him fucked off as there'll be another incident we have to put up with. Fucking sick to death of it.

You would give up as big of a competitive advantage as the 3rd best player in the world? Be happy for us to finish outside the top 4 again? Genuine question.

He should not have done it on an international stage in the World Cup.

God forbid what FIFA might decide, but this is unprecedented, we may be faced with an unprecedented punishment,

Songs elbow down the back of a player was far worse then what Luis done, if they fuck us over like last time I hope we actually fight it.