Quantcast
free Ebook torrent sites? - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
old skool tom

free Ebook torrent sites?

On its way.

Done. It's just like IPtorrents, the more you seed the more points you get to buy download ' credit '

I'll gift you 1000 points when you join, exchange them for 2gb upload credit which is more than enough for hundreds of ebooks.

Fuck this shit. A fine way to ensure that there isn't even today's meagre money for future/aspiring authors. Ultimately, less quality reading in the future for everybody.

Just buy the book, don't steal it.

• Upvote 1

Fuck this shit. A fine way to ensure that there isn't even today's meagre money for future/aspiring authors. Ultimately, less quality reading in the future for everybody.

There are already enough books in the world. Stop writing more.

If I buy a book, I can read it anywhere, any time. If iI like it, I can pass it on to a friend or I can re-sell it or I can give it to a charity shop (with or without Stringys fake author signature) and they can sell it. I can borrow it from a library if I don't want to buy it, and many others can read the same copy.

If I buy an ebook, I can read it on one device. I can't pass it on to friends (without removing DRMs) or borrow it from a library. There are no printing costs, distribution costs, wholesalers or retailers costs or leftover copies to dispose of. Yet I'm expected to pay close to full price.

Fuck the publishers.

If I buy a book, I can read it anywhere, any time. If iI like it, I can pass it on to a friend or I can re-sell it or I can give it to a charity shop (with or without Stringys fake author signature) and they can sell it. I can borrow it from a library if I don't want to buy it, and many others can read the same copy.

If I buy an ebook, I can read it on one device. I can't pass it on to friends (without removing DRMs) or borrow it from a library. There are no printing costs, distribution costs, wholesalers or retailers costs or leftover copies to dispose of. Yet I'm expected to pay close to full price.

Fuck the publishers.

In the greater scheme of things the writer deserves their royalty though, they don't write books (maybe spend years writing and researching for their book) for nothing.

I agree about the high prices though so mostly buy books around £4.00 for my kindle, unless it's something I really want to read and pay the full (normally £8.99) price.

I don't like buying high costing ebooks but at the end of the day it shouldn't be free as the writer deserves their royalty check.