You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sky to launch Sky Sports 5

Caramac

So what will they broadcast on it? World Championship netball or something?

Think they've bought rights to Dutch football, and plan to use this channel for European footy. They started showing Copa Italia games this season too. Think it's basically a counter move to BT gaining more of the PL than they'd like.

Edit this says pretty much all that:  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/10888216/Sky-Sports-to-launch-new-European-football-channel.html

Bring on the hurling!

Actually watched a bit of that at the weekend. I think the other sporting options were rugby and golf, so I thought I'd give hurling a watch.

Mildly entertained for about 10 minutes, then got a bit bored of the fact everyone scored with 98% of all shots, from anywhere on the pitch.

Actually watched a bit of that at the weekend. I think the other sporting options were rugby and golf, so I thought I'd give hurling a watch.

Mildly entertained for about 10 minutes, then got a bit bored of the fact everyone scored with 98% of all shots, from anywhere on the pitch.

I left to make a sandwich just as it started, came back 5 minutes later and the score was something like 6-33 to 0-3. No fucking idea what that means but what a fucked up game.

I don't know about you guys but I can't be arsed watching 99% of what they broadcast now.

As for sports in particular well after the footie I'll watch golf provided it's got a few Europeans in contention and not just a bunch of yanks with ridiculous names or numbers at the end to denote their antecedents had the same ridiculous names. Cricket provided England aren't getting bummed senseless or snooker in small doses. SS 5 sounds like more money for more un-watchable shite

I don't know about you guys but I can't be arsed watching 99% of what they broadcast now.

As for sports in particular well after the footie I'll watch golf provided it's got a few Europeans in contention and not just a bunch of yanks with ridiculous names or numbers at the end to denote their antecedents had the same ridiculous names. Cricket provided England aren't getting bummed senseless or snooker in small doses. SS 5 sounds like more money for more un-watchable shite

Sky doesn't really show snooker anyway.  Eurosport is where it's at.