You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Moreno

WhiskeyJar

We looked nervy as fuck every time we go to 3 at the back to see games out, how many times have we done it and they’ve either scored or come close? It doesn’t work with someone as slow as Klavan and someone like Lovren needs time to grow into a game because he’s so mentally weak not to been thrown on with 10 minutes left. Never mind with Moreno being brain dead and never being in the right position to either help the left sided CB or to attack properly.

Gomez has made a ton full of errors this season, many leading to goals. He has a high bar when hes playing good, but this season has been on par with the season Moreno played allot of games.

His awareness is his biggest letdown.  He just never turns his head to look for blind side runners or judging the space he is leaving. The Arsenal and Burnley goals are prime example.

He is the epitomy of this new type of defender who are great when the ball is in front of them, but as soon as you make them turn and face their own goal they struggle big time.

I keep hearing fans go on about him playing CB, but if he can't iron out these faults at RB. I fail to see how he is going to manage in the middle if he does'nt turn his head.

He is a liability at the back and his one saving grace of being able to break at speed and be a threat going forward now seemed to evaporated . He's not a good fullback ,wing-back or outright winger and unless he has some hidden talents with the gloves he should be on a plane to Spain in the summer, 

• Upvote 3

• 8 months later...

I haven't seen any quotes bemoaning a lack of appearances, only that he's been offered a new deal and he hasn't accepted it. But he also hasn't accepted any deals with any other clubs.

I will start an investigation...

"I didn't feel [the decision to stick with Robertson] well, I was injured giving my best for our team," Moreno told Ondacero.

"I disliked Klopp's decision because I was training but when I returned he only wanted Robertson.

"My relationship with Klopp hasn't changed but since this injury, I didn't have a meeting with him but our relationship is normal.

"I disliked the way that Klopp has treated me but I understand his situation that he can't change [Robertson] because the team is winning."

Despite his complaints, he insists that the atmosphere amongst the Reds squad is very good.

"The dressing room is very close, we are a family," he added.

He added: "Liverpool has proposed renewing me but no agreement has been reached, in January the market opens and we will see. To this day we have nothing closed neither with Liverpool nor with other clubs."

The original text in Spanish from Ondacero...

Alberto Moreno: "No me gustó que Klopp se decantase por Robertson, creo que merecía alguna oportunidad después de recuperarme de la lesión"

"el vestuario está muy unido; somos una familia, no le gustó que le apartaran cuando se recuperó de su lesión"

"el Liverpool me planteó renovar pero no se ha llegado a ningún acuerdo; en enero se abre el mercado y ya veremos. a día de hoy no tenemos nada cerrado ni con el Liverpool ni con otros clubes"

3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I’ve started the three hour timer on the ‘I never said them things’ backtrack. 

Can't say I'd blame him, imagine strutting into work and being met with this from your boss. 

I'd sprint straight to sky sports news headquarters and apologise for everything I've ever said or done. 

PA.33483844.jpg