You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Moreno

WhiskeyJar

true he's been doing crazy shit for ages and just getting away with it, rash , stupid, 5 haircuts, childish attitude, cant defend evan at a basic level, goes for every ball with his left foot even when it makes him do some rididulous movements, also look at his positioning at 1-1 when mig makes that save, he should be  fired at the sun

• Upvote 1

true he's been doing crazy shit for ages and just getting away with it, rash , stupid, 5 haircuts, childish attitude, cant defend evan at a basic level, goes for every ball with his left foot even when it makes him do some rididulous movements, also look at his positioning at 1-1 when mig makes that save, he should be  fired at the sun

also he tries ridiculous shots when other players are in better positions. He has no positives.

Indeed he hasn't positives. I don't understand what he actually offers on the pitch. He is atrocious defender, one of the worst we have ever signed and he is shit going forward. Those who argue that Morono is ok going forward, have they ever watched Riise or Aurelio playing for us? Riise was averaging 7-8 goals per season during his peak.

For me it's back to basics, a defender must be good at defending, while moronos need to disappear.

Indeed he hasn't positives. I don't understand what he actually offers on the pitch. He is atrocious defender, one of the worst we have ever signed and he is shit going forward. Those who argue that Morono is ok going forward, have they ever watched Riise or Aurelio playing for us? Riise was averaging 7-8 goals per season during his peak.

For me it's back to basics, a defender must be good at defending, while moronos need to disappear.

So when are you leaving ?

Only kidding, your special brand of shite reminds me that I'm not quite senile yet. 

He costs us the final, almost cost us the semi and could have cost us the quarters if he'd been sent off for that ridiculous scissor kick on a Dortmund player. I actually hate him.

Don't forget he was responsible for the sinking of the Titanic, Diana's death, most of the recent terrorist attacks and I believe he was a suspect for the murder of Lord Lucan's nanny.

We got beat by a better team on the night, man up and accept it and stop being a hysterical fanny.  Moreno didn't have a great game, but there were other conspicuous by their absence in that second half.  Leave it to Klopp to sort, that's what he's good at.

• Upvote 2

He needs to go, for his own safety.

What the fuck does that even mean ?  Do you think you're Hitman or Jason Bourne or something ?  It's a game of football for fucks sake, he didn't break into your house or nonce a member of your family.

Does your Mum know you're on her computer ?

It's always night or day with this boy, isn't it? Much like all Spanish or South American wing backs he seems to be more of a retrained winger, which is very useful when we're in possession. But whenever we're in need of some balance or just have to control the bloody game the lad looses his head.

Benitez had an eye for those standout, more disciplined wing backs (Aurelio, Arbeloa and even Enrique who Rafa tried to sign as early as 2007) who broke the scheme. Moreno clearly ain't one of them. I don't think he'll ever adjust to the English game.

I remember me dad saying that in 66 world cup that a couple of l'pool players said watch the south American full backs , obviously at goodison I suppose, saying that most of the time they won't tackle you but draw to the line for a goal kick.

As opposed to someone who posted ,that a full back is the least important position, I disagree otherwise there would be no debate as such.

Last line of defence barring goalie and a good full back should read the danger , hopefully stop it ,then have good distribution of the ball, as we've some over the years , pretty much unsung with most clubs.

Moreno doesn't fit this bill and hence unsung , on the terraces that is?

• 4 weeks later...