You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Moreno

WhiskeyJar

He was shite, fast but shite and my only good memory of him was that cracking goal away to the spuds. Fair play to him he still has a place in his heart for Liverpool... So for that reason I'm in. Good on you bert lad. 

4 minutes ago, skaro said:

I hope you forewent one Rioja and put a few pesetas on, J.

I'd have lost that bet, they were 7/2 to win in 90 minutes. Still about 2/1 to lift the trophy though.

Listening to the pundits before the game you'd have thought the 1970's Brazil team was playing against us with Hodgson in charge. Rather than two fairly evenly matched, fairly poor, sides. 

For most of the season their first choice back seven has been -

Henderson

Bissaka Maguire Lindelof Shaw

Fred McTominay

It may have cost a quarter of a billion quid but it's a fucking shit group of footballers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I'd have lost that bet, they were 7/2 to win in 90 minutes. Still about 2/1 to lift the trophy though.

Listening to the pundits before the game you'd have thought the 1970's Brazil team was playing against us with Hodgson in charge. Rather than two fairly evenly matched, fairly poor, sides. 

For most of the season their first choice back seven has been -

Henderson

Bissaka Maguire Lindelof Shaw

Fred McTominay

It may have cost a quarter of a billion quid but it's a fucking shit group of footballers.

I had £60 kicking around on my betting account and backed them to win in a treble along with our game against Palace and City in the other cup final on Saturday. They were winning 1-0 when I left work so I was getting a bit excited (would’ve paid out over £600). Shame they couldn’t do it in normal time. I still loved every moment of the events that followed. It’s impossible not to. Paul Scholes and Ferdinand in the studio afterwards looking traumatised and chastened. Lovely stuff. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

I had £60 kicking around on my betting account and backed them to win in a treble along with our game against Palace and City in the other cup final on Saturday. They were winning 1-0 when I left work so I was getting a bit excited (would’ve paid out over £600). Shame they couldn’t do it in normal time. I still loved every moment of the events that followed. It’s impossible not to. Paul Scholes and Ferdinand in the studio afterwards looking traumatised and chastened. Lovely stuff. 

They think La Liga is of a similar standard to League two, and they think United are about one signing away from dominating world football for the next decade.

A pair of clueless fucking bellends whose ludicrous Solskjaer propaganda on BT Sport is actually ensuring that the club, who spend more than all bar City and PSG, remain fucking terrible.

11 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

I love how he says gerrout!

He probably picked that up from many shouts of "gerrout of our club"

Or pulled some bird after a game on a night out who woke up before him the next day and read the match report? First thing I thought anyway. 

7 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

They think La Liga is of a similar standard to League two.

Most pundits seem to think that about any team that isn't in the Premier League other than Barca or Real are shit. 

I almost never watch any pre match, half time or post match stuff these days as they are all shit.

The amount of Liverpool European matches we've played where they spend the pre match talking about how poor the opposition are and that we should fucking smash them, then it turns out that a team like Bayern isn't actually a pile of shite and they spend the half time and post match slagging us off if we haven't absolutely smashed them.

Which is the club level equivalent of the ridiculous, England have beaten some part timers in the group stage so are going to win the World Cup then being baffled how they crumble the instant they play someone good. 

• 1 month later...