You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Moreno

WhiskeyJar

He's a good lad, is Alberto. I'll be cheering him on in that Europa League Final. I see the gimp is calling on the ghosts of Busby and actually taken Ferguson to the final to 'remind' the players who they are.

Seriously? You're in a final and you have to resort to this stuff to get your boys over the line? Would have thought he'd have spend more time reminding the officials and VAR they 'are' manchester united, PL refs give them penalties all the time and he expects them to do the same.

23 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

'“To this day I don’t understand why I got so, so much criticism, when the whole team didn’t play well. The finger was pointed at one player and …” Moreno shrugs. “I don’t think that’s OK. People blame you. Only you. It was like I lost the final. It’s hard. You can’t get it out of your head. You look at the paper, at social media – I don’t usually pay much attention to social media because it’s all so false – and read things. ‘Alberto, Alberto, Alberto, Alberto.’ I’ll go to my grave not understanding why I got all the blame.'

That's mostly the translators work. What he actually said is "me Alberto, Alberto not know why fans not like, Alberto kick ball, Alberto mammy say I am special". Then he went back to eating his crayons. 

I'm in a massive minority here but I don't dislike him. Not good enough and I'm glad he's someone else's problem now, but in fairness to him (from memory) he always put a shift in. He was just completely and utterly braindead. He was like sticking a dog at left back: he'll get up and down but he'll always be in the wrong place unless dumb luck intervenes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

They're huge value at 7/2.

No Maguire - I think Villareal have a great chance. Utd were like keystone cops defending against us. 

Since Liverpool beat Alaves in 2001, 13 Spanish teams have been in the UEFA/Europa final. Only 2 have lost, both to another Spanish side. Some record. 
Emery has managed in the final 4 times, losing with Arsenal a couple of years ago.

7/2 - why not? 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Manny said:

I'm in a massive minority here but I don't dislike him. Not good enough and I'm glad he's someone else's problem now, but in fairness to him (from memory) he always put a shift in. He was just completely and utterly braindead. He was like sticking a dog at left back: he'll get up and down but he'll always be in the wrong place unless dumb luck intervenes.

Mos def. Totally unsuited in a back 4, more of a fit in a system with wing-backs. If I recall correctly he came on as a sub on several occasions, slotted in on the left of the midfield and played well every time.

Maybe his goal against Spurs clouded my judgement, but I always have a soft spot for him. Enjoy the win Albert.

• Upvote 1

Say what you will about his time here which was unfortunately average at best and catastrophic at worst but he clearly loves to have been apart of Liverpool. I never hated him but I never thought he was the answer either. Played well yesterday and had a great pen, not much more you can ask from a substitute in the biggest win in his current clubs history. I think he's found he's level and I'm happy for him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2