You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Moreno

WhiskeyJar

Bit misleading that excerpt. Yes he was always one of the dimmest bulbs in the box, but his point isn't that there are no parks in Liverpool. It's that when you struggle with the language and the different lifestyle, it affects your daily life  because you can't do all the things you might be able to enjoy back home. It's common among foreign-born communities in the UK where being slow/unable to adapt to a different language or lifestyle can see people or communities close themselves off to much of what passes for the norm.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

Bit misleading that excerpt. Yes he was always one of the dimmest bulbs in the box, but his point isn't that there are no parks in Liverpool. It's that when you struggle with the language and the different lifestyle, it affects your daily life  because you can't do all the things you might be able to enjoy back home. It's common among foreign-born communities in the UK where being slow/unable to adapt to a different language or lifestyle can see people or communities close themselves off to much of what passes for the norm.

Was the point not just it rained a lot?

4 hours ago, Trumo said:

Its not as if there are thousands of ex British citizens in Southern Spain refusing to learn to speak Spanish and living in largely English speaking communities,is it?

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Its not as if there are thousands of ex British citizens in Southern Spain refusing to learn to speak Spanish and living in largely English speaking communities,is it?

Mainly retirees, so no real need to converse with Spanish-speaking co-workers.

So if you're suggesting Moreno should retire, I agree with you.

• 1 year later...

'“To this day I don’t understand why I got so, so much criticism, when the whole team didn’t play well. The finger was pointed at one player and …” Moreno shrugs. “I don’t think that’s OK. People blame you. Only you. It was like I lost the final. It’s hard. You can’t get it out of your head. You look at the paper, at social media – I don’t usually pay much attention to social media because it’s all so false – and read things. ‘Alberto, Alberto, Alberto, Alberto.’ I’ll go to my grave not understanding why I got all the blame.'

Albert Moreno (2021)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/24/villarreal-alberto-moreno-liverpool-europa-league-final-manchester-united

Not sure why, Albert, no sure...

What a moron. A moreno, if you like.

Listen Alberto, Ramos gets away with being megged a few times because he’s show over his extensive level career, where he has won every major trophy multiple times, that he is an absolute elite level performer at the very, very highest level. 

You, on the other hand, have showed minimal application of such quality and have the reputation as being somewhat “brain dead”. Which you again showed <30 seconds into the 2nd half in said game.

The team played very well in the first half, scored a great goal and were unlucky to have a 2nd chalked off. At the point of your  mistake, we were on top and your mistake was the catalyst for our eventual defeat. 

Comments like this, again give credit to those who believe you are “brain dead”. 

21 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've not seen him at Villareal. Does he still charge upfield, lose possession, then stand around gormlessly scratching his arse while the opposition counter-attack?

No. They don't pick him either.

Pedraza is a decent left back. Moreno isn't.