You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Moreno

WhiskeyJar

18 hours ago, Ginny said:

Loved his message and he was probs a great lad etc. But I’m glad I’ll never see him playing for us again 

I'll be glad when we sign a replacement,  so far we've actually managed to weaken the squad this summer. 

• Downvote 1

Thought Moreno was sometimes decent going forwards, but he couldn’t defend to save his life.

Given his primary role was a defender, well, it was never going to work really.

Appears to be a nice guy and he tried hard I’ve no doubt, but that ‘s not the primary character set we need in our players to go on and win the league.

Just hope we have a reliable replacement in Klopp’s opinion already in the squad or ready to sign up.

Good luck fella.

A good footballer as he showcased for us at times also in training clips he was technically excellent, as others have     alluded to just zero positional or defensive awarness. He will do well at Villareal, would be an excellent Wing back I      always thought.

7373bde9a37baf873418374c75bffc80_XL-1.jp

“I’m very happy to be here and to be part of this magnificent club. I want to thank Villarreal for the interest they’ve shown in me,” he told the club’s website.

“I wanted to return to Spain and play for a big LaLiga club. Villarreal gave me this chance and I accepted it straight away. I’m excited to be here and I’m keen to get down to work. Now is the moment to get to know my team-mates and adapt to the coach’s ideas.

“Villarreal presented me with an exciting challenge and I’m coming to give my all. This is a club which has always caught my eye because of their style and their way of playing, as they are good on the ball and manage games well. Now I’m lucky enough to wear the shirt and I’m going to give my best to help the club achieve its aims.”

Moreno then proclaimed himself as the life and soul of the party, and revealed, what every Liverpool fan already knew – he likes to attack.

Moreno added: “I’m a player who likes to attack a lot, although of course I don’t lose sight of me being a defender. I think I can bring a lot in attack. I will work hard every day to give my best and so you can see me at my best at Villarreal.”

“Today was my first day and my team-mates were great. We need to go step by step. I’m an extroverted person who likes to speak to groups. I have the advantage of already knowing some of my team-mates, like Iborra and Bacca, from my time at Sevilla, and Cazorla and Alvaro, who I know from international duty.”

Guest Pistonbroke
9 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

7373bde9a37baf873418374c75bffc80_XL-1.jp

“I’m very happy to be here and to be part of this magnificent club. I want to thank Villarreal for the interest they’ve shown in me,” he told the club’s website.

“I wanted to return to Spain and play for a big LaLiga club. Villarreal gave me this chance and I accepted it straight away. I’m excited to be here and I’m keen to get down to work. Now is the moment to get to know my team-mates and adapt to the coach’s ideas.

“Villarreal presented me with an exciting challenge and I’m coming to give my all. This is a club which has always caught my eye because of their style and their way of playing, as they are good on the ball and manage games well. Now I’m lucky enough to wear the shirt and I’m going to give my best to help the club achieve its aims.”

Moreno then proclaimed himself as the life and soul of the party, and revealed, what every Liverpool fan already knew – he likes to attack.

Moreno added: “I’m a player who likes to attack a lot, although of course I don’t lose sight of me being a defender. I think I can bring a lot in attack. I will work hard every day to give my best and so you can see me at my best at Villarreal.”

“Today was my first day and my team-mates were great. We need to go step by step. I’m an extroverted person who likes to speak to groups. I have the advantage of already knowing some of my team-mates, like Iborra and Bacca, from my time at Sevilla, and Cazorla and Alvaro, who I know from international duty.”

I have bad news for Villarreal fans. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I have bad news for Villarreal fans. 

That's the bit that stood out to me too. If being an extrovert means he has a big mouth, he is definitely right. 

• 3 months later...