You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Moreno

WhiskeyJar

He is what we have needed for quite some time. It was interesting when Enrique came on, just how solid Moreno looked all game. His goal really was fabulous. I have been waiting for someone to do that for us for years now. Other teams will see his goal, and see him as a threat which means more space for our other danger men. Awesome performance and hopefully the first of many more.

Glen Johnson is done. He doesnt have the acceleration or recovery pace to play in our system. Defend or go past people. I used to be one of his biggest supporters but have to accept its over for him.

Manquillo should be first choice and Flanagan as a back up.

You said it mate.I saw a couple of good, standard full back tackles from Manquillo but found myself cheering because it had been so long since I had seen anything like that down our right side. Just basic full blooded commitment. Nothing dirty or getting yourself injured, just full-on play like you want it.

He's great, he made a centre forwards run when Sterling broke with the ball midway through the game which was great to see, i think i also saw him making a run diagonally across their back four at one stage dragging defenders with him as well. He's fast as lightening and he's defensively sound, really impressive performance.

Immediately thought of Riise at the delta arena after the goal.

Odd looking left back, looks like he's nails and a bit bonkers, with an attacking threat of pace and power. He's the new Jonny Arne.

Just cos Riise lost form near the end of his time with us is no reason to make out he was shit, unless you've only watched football since 2008. People talked about him like your talking about Moreno now, and he did consistently it for years winning trophies. To diss Riise makes you look like a total fickle hypocrite.

Cult.

Hero.

• Upvote 1

I'd take Moreno being as good as Riise was for us for as long as he was, given what's followed since in our official problem position.

If he does prove to be better for us, the judgement on which might just take longer than one week, we'll have nailed the left-back position for a decade or until one of the big pair of twats buy him for approximately fuck loads.

I tell you what mind, I'm just watching the match back, and his finish yesterday reminds me of Suarez's against them for 2-0 at Anfield in March.  The goal has some parallels from start to finish, but I remember the common consensus when Suarez scored was no-one else in the league could have scored from where he challenged for the ball, and few to none others would have been able to work the angle he scored from.

Outstanding goal.  Be tough to shift as feelgood moment of the season for a little while that will.