You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa 2009 v Rodgers 2014

It would be a good contest. Be interesting to see if Gerrard the DM could nullify Gerrard the AM. Personally i think Gerrard the AM would prevail, if given the right service from turncoat wantaway Alonso. Kuyt's movement would cause Flanagan problems. 2-0 (Torres, Kuyt).

• Downvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rafa's side. As good or better in almost every area of the pitch, with more experience, and somebody tactically brilliant. I'd say Rafa's side would do to Rodger's side what Rafa's side did to Real in 2009.

Rafas 2009. Defensively would put the lid on Rodgers 2014, and would pick at the weaknesses. Torres and Gerrard on the break would destroy a central defence isolated by the width of riera and the movement of kuyt, with Alonso pulling the strings. Over a 38 game season the league success might be a different story, but that side was a master of the big game.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Rafas 2009. Defensively would put the lid on Rodgers 2014, and would pick at the weaknesses. Torres and Gerrard on the break would destroy a central defence isolated by the width of riera and the movement of kuyt, with Alonso pulling the strings. Over a 38 game season the league success might be a different story, but that side was a master of the big game.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

This is probably the right answer.

If you combined the two teams we'd win everything.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

This is probably the right answer.

If you combined the two teams we'd win everything.

--------------Reina-------------

Glen----Carra--------Agger---Enrique

--------Masch-------Alonso

--------------Gerrard--------------

--Sturridge----Torres-----Suarez

Subs

Mig

Sakho

Hendo

Allen

Coutinho

Sterling

Kuyt

Yeah, unlucky rest of the universe. We just won football. All of it.

• Upvote 1

--------------Reina-------------Glen----Carra--------Agger---Enrique--------Masch-------Alonso--------------Gerrard----------------Sturridge----Torres-----SuarezSubsMigSakhoHendoAllenCoutinhoSterlingKuytYeah, unlucky rest of the universe. We just won football. All of it.

That's the 18 you'd choose?

Are you on the take?

--------------Reina-------------

Glen----Carra--------Agger---Enrique

--------Masch-------Alonso

--------------Gerrard--------------

--Sturridge----Torres-----Suarez

Subs

Mig

Sakho

Hendo

Allen

Coutinho

Sterling

Kuyt

Yeah, unlucky rest of the universe. We just won football. All of it.

I'd probably have Aurelio over Enrique. When fit, he was fucking shit hot. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'd probably have Aurelio over Enrique. When fit, he was fucking shit hot.

Good shout. Loved Aurelio.

I'd be great to see this played over 7 or 8 games. I think overall Rafa's team would win most the games. But watching Carra and Sami learning on their feet on how to shackle Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling would be fascinating.

As others have said, a mix of both teams would finish the season played 38, won 38.

What will be interesting now will be to see if Rodgers can sort out the defence. Rafa showed he could build a defence that could beat the best, but barring one 3 month spell, he couldn't build an attack. Rodgers is the direct opposite. Our attacking play index Brendan is some of the best stuff I've seen in 30 years. But the defence is comically bad.

• Upvote 1