Quantcast
PPI mis-selling - anyone else looked in to it? - Page 15 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Tom R

PPI mis-selling - anyone else looked in to it?

I have sent an application to a company called Allay for PPI. I don't know yet if there is anything there but their forms have my details. Would I be obliged to use them to get any PPI or can I find out through them and either use a different company or do it myself? Apparently Allay charge 36% commission (seems high) but if there is PPI out there for me it may be worth it. What is a typical commission rate?

28 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I have sent an application to a company called Allay for PPI. I don't know yet if there is anything there but their forms have my details. Would I be obliged to use them to get any PPI or can I find out through them and either use a different company or do it myself? Apparently Allay charge 36% commission (seems high) but if there is PPI out there for me it may be worth it. What is a typical commission rate?

Allay allay allay!  

Fuck em off and do it yourself.  

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Depends on whether you have signed their form and what their T&C's say. 

If they do strike lucky and even if the offending financial group send the money direct to you, they will still come after you for their slice. 

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I would look into that commission. Commission was supposed to be capped last year. Think it was 20%.

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

You should think about doing yourself, it's really easy and the PPI companies are charging huge commission rates for basically sending a form off that you can do yourself. There isn't actually any 'investigating' involved. You just write to the financial organisation requesting your payment record and then follow it up with a complaint to the financial ombudsman.

I claimed against the RBS and Barclays who had both been adding an undisclosed PPI charge to my credit cards monthly fee. It turned out they'd also ticked the PPI box after I'd made my application on my behalf without asking. RBS coughed up 2.5k up front, Barclays stalled until it went all the way to the ombudsman and then caved in as soon as they were contacted by them, offered 6k which I accepted.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, John102 said:

I would look into that commission. Commission was supposed to be capped last year. Think it was 20%.

I will definitely look into that, thanks for letting me know. That could be an old quote as I saw it online rather than on the form.

6 minutes ago, clangers said:

You should think about doing yourself, it's really easy and the PPI companies are charging huge commission rates for basically sending a form off that you can do yourself. There isn't actually any 'investigating' involved. You just write to the financial organisation requesting your payment record and then follow it up with a complaint to the financial ombudsman.

I claimed against the RBS and Barclays who had both been adding an undisclosed PPI charge to my credit cards monthly fee. It turned out they'd also ticked the PPI box after I'd made my application on my behalf without asking. RBS coughed up 2.5k up front, Barclays stalled until it went all the way to the ombudsman and then caved in as soon as they were contacted by them, offered 6k which I accepted.

Problem is when I approached Santander (whom I believe PPI would have been added to the mortgage I had with them at the time) absolutely shut me down. "That department doesn't exist as we were Abbey National before, it's not a service we could possibly help you with, etc". I believe that may have been before the laws on PPI recovery were changed though as Santander have been notoriously hard to deal with.

5 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Problem is when I approached Santander (whom I believe PPI would have been added to the mortgage I had with them at the time) absolutely shut me down. "That department doesn't exist as we were Abbey National before, it's not a service we could possibly help you with, etc". I believe that may have been before the laws on PPI recovery were changed though as Santander have been notoriously hard to deal with.

If you get shut down like that then just ring the ombudsman. 

I have worked for santander and they do have a system for abbey mortgages. I was involved with Plevin complaints with them about a year or so ago.

I cant see any reason, on the face of it that, that they shouldnt be able to investigate it. I doubt the FOS (i have also worked for these) would let them just say its nothing we can help you with.

May be outside 6 month period now though to bring complaint to FOS.

2 minutes ago, John102 said:

If you get shut down like that then just ring the ombudsman. 

I have worked for santander and they do have a system for abbey mortgages. I was involved with Plevin complaints with them about a year or so ago.

I cant see any reason, on the face of it that, that they shouldnt be able to investigate it. I doubt the FOS (i have also worked for these) would let them just say its nothing we can help you with.

May be outside 6 month period now though to bring complaint to FOS.

Yes it's outside 6 months since I made the enquiry unfortunately. Perhaps I should have taken it further but to be honest I had no idea what I was doing really. Pretty much the same as now! That's probably why the whole industry is making money out of the whole PPI situation as people have no idea how the whole thing works. It seems daunting to someone who hasn't done it but it's probably a piece of piss to someone who has.

Fucked off with the whole thing. Tried 3 or 4 off the sharks and no cunt has given me any free money . I suppose I should have bought some PPI at the time but being a twat I thought I was being clever in spotting the rip off. 

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Fucked off with the whole thing. Tried 3 or 4 off the sharks and no cunt has given me any free money . I suppose I should have bought some PPI at the time but being a twat I thought I was being clever in spotting the rip off. 

How much PPI do you want, mate? I’ve got loads of it here. 

15 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Don’t trust him. I’ve had six PPIs off him the last month. It has turned red and really itches. 

EDIT: My bad. Was thinking of something else. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Don’t trust him. I’ve had six PPIs off him the last month. It has turned red and really itches. 

EDIT: My bad. Was thinking of something else. 

Krusty.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

NV has rumbled your cunning plan so I'm out

If Santander are that hard to deal with, is it worth using a company to do it on our behalf? 

My missus has a mortgage with her ex over 15 years ago so would fall under Abbey National but we don't have much of a clue what to do should the initial request get rebuffed. 

1 hour ago, Sweeney287 said:

If Santander are that hard to deal with, is it worth using a company to do it on our behalf? 

My missus has a mortgage with her ex over 15 years ago so would fall under Abbey National but we don't have much of a clue what to do should the initial request get rebuffed. 

Just send it off with as much detail as you have regarding when she took it out, relevant addresses etc.  

Make sure she claims that; 

- she had a years sick pay

- a month a year redundancy at work

- £20k in the bank

- no one ever mentioned PPi

- if they had she’d have said no

then later in the form when they say why was it mid-sold

- repeat the above

- say that PPI wouldn’t have paid out so she believes it was mis-sold

Remember they can’t check any of the above.  It’s what I’ve claimed and it’s always worked. 

Also try for bank charges, that’s easy too. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sweeney287 said:

Dont use a company. You used to be able to ring  up the FOS and get them to log the complaint with the company for you. I assume they still do that.

May make it less likely for santander to fob you off.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, I’m Sp@rtacus said:

Just send it off with as much detail as you have regarding when she took it out, relevant addresses etc.  

Make sure she claims that; 

- she had a years sick pay

- a month a year redundancy at work

- £20k in the bank

- no one ever mentioned PPi

- if they had she’d have said no

then later in the form when they say why was it mid-sold

- repeat the above

- say that PPI wouldn’t have paid out so she believes it was mis-sold

Remember they can’t check any of the above.  It’s what I’ve claimed and it’s always worked. 

Also try for bank charges, that’s easy too. 

1 hour ago, John102 said:

Dont use a company. You used to be able to ring  up the FOS and get them to log the complaint with the company for you. I assume they still do that.

May make it less likely for santander to fob you off.

Cheers lads 

We recently just claimed for PPI. We claimed for companies going back years so didn’t have all the details still so did it through one of those companies. Didn’t expect much and reasoned if we got 3k but lost 1k in charges it was still 2k more than we had before.

We had a load of forms to fill out and 3 of the 4 companies actually phoned us direct and we had to answer lots of questions.

Anyway the result (before the charges) in total was 12k! Made up!

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Lend us a tenner 

*winky face* It could have been as much as 4k in charges!! I've blanked it out as it was too upsetting!

I got the knockback from Santander a while back and thought nothing of it, but is it worth trying again? I haven't had any loans with them but i have had credit cards with them for about 17 years, savings accounts and current accounts. 

I also had car finance through Ford from 2002 to 2006 and i was very young and naive and probably signed up to all nonsense - can you claim against car finance??

I had an Egg credit card but the only thing i can remember was it was around 2004/5. Considering Egg don't exist who would i try for claiming against for that??

Egg is Barclaycard.

Car finance can have PPI.

Deffo have a go and see what they say, only 2 months left to do it.

On an unrelated note. I only recently found out that arnie is used in the adverts as the deadline is the same day as judgement day in terminator. Might be old news

• Upvote 1