You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mice

I hate mice.  As in really hate and fear them.  Fuge's suggestion that there are more of them waiting behind your wall made me make a noise.

I don't know if this irrational fear/hatred stemmed from a previous experience, but it could be:

1.  There was a mouse in our kitchen.  My wife screamed and told me to get it.  I picked up the biggest towel we had and held it open ready.  She (bravely, actually) moved the bread bin, forcing it to run along the kitchen worktop.  I threw the towel over it.  But somehow, and I still don't understand how it could do this, it jumped OVER the oncoming towel and ONTO me.  It was on my chest and I could hear its feet scrabbling up my jumper!  Apparently I screamed like Flanders and knocked it onto the floor and it ran off.  I had to have a good sit down and a hot cup of extra-sweet tea.

2.  The rats we heard every night joyously fighting / playing / going about their business when we first moved into a new house.  We thought it was birds on the roof at first, then we hoped it was birds on the roof, then we prayed in denial that it was birds on the roof.  But it was night time.  And birds don't come into your kitchen and nibble on cake.

Seriously, Paulie, move out.  Just leave that infested muther and check into a cheap motel.  Forever.

• Upvote 2

No sightings since. Had traps out with peanut butter or bacon rinds as bait. No trappings.

Fussy little cunt.

Try some nice pate and a small bowl of your finest red.

"He is maggin you off like a two-bob...." As Danny Dyer would say

• 5 years later...

We've got a fucking super mouse running about in our kitchen, we've got the sonic plugs, traps everywhere with the peanut butter, all the food put away in tupperware boxes & a giant fucking cat. Yet everytime you leave the kitchen it starts leaping about like Billy Elliot leaving its trail of shit & piss behind it.

It's really starting to get the missus down as she's having to clean the kitchen every morning before breakfast.

Anybody got any other bright ideas? We've talked about getting another (hard as fuck) cat.

12 minutes ago, Mook said:

We've got a fucking super mouse running about in our kitchen, we've got the sonic plugs, traps everywhere with the peanut butter, all the food put away in tupperware boxes & a giant fucking cat. Yet everytime you leave the kitchen it starts leaping about like Billy Elliot leaving its trail of shit & piss behind it.

It's really starting to get the missus down as she's having to clean the kitchen every morning before breakfast.

Anybody got any other bright ideas? We've talked about getting another (hard as fuck) cat.

Told you cats are useless fuckers. Hope this helps.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Bit of a sweeping statement there. It depends on the cat. Like people, some of them are useless fuckers.

We've had mice, but not for very long. Because we have Charlie. And he's a cunt.

This will sound like a pisstake but in our old flat I once caught Art sitting watching a mouse eating out of his food bowl, as in 'help yourself wee man'.

There's more chance of Elvis catching our mouse than that fat bastard.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Mook said:

Get Lifey round to cook you dinner. I don't even think you'll get a fly through the window once thats been put out. 

• Upvote 2