You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mice

37 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Just out of interest Mook, have you tried using a piece of a Mars bar in the trap? We were advised to use that by a council pest control fella when we had a similar problem in Hull. Worked a treat.

I'll give that a go, cheers.

I had the wee bastard in my hand tonight but he got away before I could grab him properly. I've not fed Art since this morning so let's see how he gets on with Jerry tonight.

I think mice are rather nice;
Their tails are long, their faces small;
They haven’t any chins at all.
Their ears are pink, their teeth are white,
They run about the house at night;
They nibble things they shouldn’t touch,
and, no one seems to like them much,
but, I think mice are rather nice.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

I'll give that a go, cheers.

I had the wee bastard in my hand tonight but he got away before I could grab him properly. I've not fed Art since this morning so let's see how he gets on with Jerry tonight.

Has your missus started posting on your behalf? 

2vuf.gif

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

On a more serious note, get a UV light and after dark use to see its trail (the leak urine continuously which shows under UV). This will let you find where it comes into your kitchen. Block all the cracks with brillo pad steel wool. This will keep it out.

Or if you cant get hold of UV light, fine sieve you kitchen floor with flour which should show where it's getting in. That's if it's getting in a floor level. Is there any droppings on the floor or is it just on the kitchen worktop ? 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Get a bigger mouse in to beat it up, or even better a rat.

We dealt with rats earlier in the thread. Keep up.

Mook should have himself shrunk by Rick Moranis and take on the mouse on it's own terms with a variety of household implements, weapon sized. Sewing needles and suchlike. Loser gets rammed up the winner's arse.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

We dealt with rats earlier in the thread. Keep up.

Mook should have himself shrunk by Rick Moranis and take on the mouse on it's own terms with a variety of household implements, weapon sized. Sewing needles and suchlike. Loser gets rammed up the winner's arse.

I'll be most disappointed if this doesn't happen.

• Upvote 1

My mum and dad have a rat hiding out under the garden shed. Exterminator came, put some poison food on a little plate and shoved it under the shed. Every other morning my dad has found the tray shoved out again, food intact. He keeps shoving it back under, and the rat keeps shoving it back out. I’ve now begun rooting for the rat, which is clearly winning.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

My mum and dad have a rat hiding out under the garden shed. Exterminator came, put some poison food on a little plate and shoved it under the shed. Every other morning my dad has found the tray shoved out again, food intact. He keeps shoving it back under, and the rat keeps shoving it back out. I’ve now begun rooting for the rat, which is clearly winning.

Not nice to have but I'd be glad it's kept to the outside of the house. I come into contact with a lot of pest controllers through work and as I'm sure you know, it's highly unlikely it's just one rat. You'll soon know if the poison has worked as the stench from a decaying rat is fucking awful and can last for weeks. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Its taking the piss out of you mate. 

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

Should give it one of the breakfasts posted in the other thread. That rat is sure to either die of starvation or leg it in fear of living on the same patch as a bunch of deviants.

59 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Any updates on this Mook? Got people waiting here 

No recorded mouse activity since two of them expired on Saturday.

Three possibilities:-

1 They're all dead

2 They've moved house

3 They're keeping their heads down & planning their next move

My money is on number 3.

1 minute ago, Mook said:

No recorded mouse activity since two of them expired on Saturday.

Three possibilities:-

1 They're all dead

2 They've moved house

3 They're keeping their heads down & planning their next move

My money is on number 3.

I certainly hope its number 3 you murdering cunt 

• Upvote 1