You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Injured Suarez Out of World Cup?

skend04

This is the start of it. I expect Luis, Stevie, Sturridge, Sterling, Hendo, Mingolet, Sakho & Toure all to come back crocked. Johnson will probably be ok though.

Johnson will miss all of next season with a broken heart after Phil Jones misses the tournament due to shit house AIDs, so Flano gets drafted in from the back-up squad, only to replace Johnson after he has a shocking first game.

ALL HAIL FLANO.

I've had that surgery done before. I was back on my feet within days and over it completely within in 3 weeks. I'm assuming some cartilage has torn and is now inside the joint.

I reckon he will be alright by the time the first game comes around.

I've had that surgery done before. I was back on my feet within days and over it completely within in 3 weeks. I'm assuming some cartilage has torn and is now inside the joint.

Don't be coming round here with your contextual knowledge on the subject. I only expect to read hysterical reactions on here about him being forced back into the national squad at gunpoint as he climbs off the operating table. And other things that haven't happened or that nobody knows anything about.

• Upvote 4

How did your World Cup campaign go afterwards?

It was flawless lad, you've never seen tiddlywinks like it.

I hope Luis really is OK as I have no doubt that with a country desperate for him to play the Uruguayan manager will throw him on the pitch at whatever cost to Luis' health.

Not exactly luminaries I admit, but both Dummett & Heskey have both said they had similar ops & both said it was a lot longer than 3/4 weeks to recover.

Time for the science bit.....

If it is a small meniscal tear he will be over it very soon and there will be very little morbidity, the larger the tear the longer it will take and potentially cause him to miss at least the start, as he will have more muscle atrophy and the rehab will be longer.

The bigger picture though is the risk of cranial cruciate damage.  The meniscus protects the cruciate and vice versa; if there is a large piece of cartilage removed it can make the cruciate more at risk of damage in the future.  They will certainly check on the cruciate at the time of the arthroscopy.

Somebody mentioned stitching the meniscus.....there is no way they would attempt a repair as the rehab for a professional athlete is very long winded and afaik it doesn't work anyway.